From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> On Behalf Of WA7SKG via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 1:54 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Band Panel Frequencies

How do you configure the Band Panel frequencies? When I hover my mouse over a button it says what frequency it will QSY to. When I select PH, it seems to go to the last frequency I was tuned to on phone. But when I go to DIG, I can't get it to go to the digital frequency, i.e. 14070 for 20m. Instead, it goes to 14.200 for 20m Dig and 7251.12 for 40m DIG,
3995.93 on 80m DIG. It doesn't seem to matter what frequency I was on the last time I was in DIG mode. Since I predominately use PSK31, I would like it to go to 14070, 7070, and 3580 accordingly. Any way to code this or configure it someplace?

Now, to really dream, it would also be nice if, when I selected DIG, it could switch the mode of my IC-7300 to USB-D and back to USB/LSB when I go back to PH.

Michael WA7SKG

WA7SKG <wa7skg@...>

Unfortunately, under the Mode Control tab, for the PSK option only has USB, not USB-D for the IC-7300. So, I have to manually set that on the radio when changing between voice and digital.

I can't seem to find any way to change anything in the contest settings after the New Log is selected.

Michael WA7SKG

John Bednar wrote on 10/13/2018 01:07 AM:

Michael,
Right click in the Entry window to set the bands. The modes are determined by the Category Mode selection in the contest setup dialog and the contest rules. The band selection is saved by contest name.
The radio will switch modes if you select the proper option in Configurer, Mode Control tab. The right side of that dialog will determine what mode the radio is programmed to when you click on PSK or RTTY. The left side selections determine if you want the radio mode to change.
[...]

The dropdown doesn't contain the other 30 unique radio mode names either but your specific radio modes are mapped to the dropdown options.
See:
https://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Supported+Radios&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation#Digital_Mode_Mapping

Unfortunately, under the Mode Control tab, for the PSK option only has
USB, not USB-D for the IC-7300. So, I have to manually set that on the
radio when changing between voice and digital.

I can't seem to find any way to change anything in the contest settings
after the New Log is selected.

Michael WA7SKG

John Bednar wrote on 10/13/2018 01:07 AM:

> Michael,
>
> Right click in the Entry window to set the bands. The modes are determined by the Category Mode selection in the contest setup dialog and the contest rules. The band selection is saved by contest name.
>
> The radio will switch modes if you select the proper option in Configurer, Mode Control tab. The right side of that dialog will determine what mode the radio is programmed to when you click on PSK or RTTY. The left side selections determine if you want the radio mode to change.
>
> John, K3CT

WA7SKG <wa7skg@...>

Unfortunately, that section does not address the IC-7300. There is a reference to a pdf concerning Icom radios that suggests setting PSK in the Mode Control tab to AFSK-R, however, setting that causes fldigi and N1MM to crash when selecting the digital mode. I had a terrible time trying to get it to stay on long enough to go into the configurator and change it back.

Michael WA7SKG

<N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io>> On Behalf Of WA7SKG via Groups.Io
> Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2018 1:54 AM
> To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io>
> Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Band Panel Frequencies
>
> How do you configure the Band Panel frequencies? When I hover my
mouse over a button it says what frequency it will QSY to. When I select PH, it seems to go to the last frequency I was tuned to on phone. But when I go to DIG, I can't get it to go to the digital frequency, i.e. 14070 for 20m. Instead, it goes to 14.200 for 20m Dig and 7251.12 for 40m DIG,
> 3995.93 on 80m DIG. It doesn't seem to matter what frequency I was on
the last time I was in DIG mode. Since I predominately use PSK31, I would like it to go to 14070, 7070, and 3580 accordingly. Any way to code this or configure it someplace?

> Now, to really dream, it would also be nice if, when I selected DIG,
it could switch the mode of my IC-7300 to USB-D and back to USB/LSB when I go back to PH.

> Michael WA7SKG

WA7SKG <wa7skg@...>

This does not address the original question. How do I set the frequency the radio goes to when I select a button on the Band Panel? For instance, when I click on 20m DIG, it always goes to 14200. Nobody does digital there. Since I usually use PSK31, I want to go to 14070. So, whenever I hit 20 DIG, I have to retune the radio to 14070 and set it to USB-D. It would be nice if it went to that configuration just by hitting 20m DIG.

[...]

ve3ki

"I can't seem to find any way to change anything in the contest settings after the New Log is selected." Use the File > Open Log in Database... menu item, make sure the contest whose setup you want to change is selected (the most recent one should be the top one in the list), and then change the setting(s) you want to change under the Contest or Associated Files tabs.

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 08:11 AM, WA7SKG wrote:
[...]

Rich,

You have been a HUGE help today. THANK YOU very much for taking your time to give good advice and explanations.

73,
Michael WA7SKG

ve3ki wrote on 10/13/2018 10:59 AM:

[...]
_._,_._,_

John Bednar

Michael,

Your question wasn't clear. I answered what I thought you were asking about.

The program stores the last frequency used per band and mode. When you return to a band, the software returns to the last used frequency. Make sure you configure Mode Control to program the digital modes correctly for your radio.

How do you configure the Band Panel frequencies? When I hover my mouse
over a button it says what frequency it will QSY to. When I select PH,
it seems to go to the last frequency I was tuned to on phone. But when
I go to DIG, I can't get it to go to the digital frequency, i.e. 14070
for 20m. Instead, it goes to 14.200 for 20m Dig and 7251.12 for 40m
DIG,
3995.93 on 80m DIG. It doesn't seem to matter what frequency I was on the last time I was in DIG mode. Since I predominately use PSK31, I would like it to go to 14070, 7070, and 3580 accordingly. Any way to code this or configure it someplace?

Now, to really dream, it would also be nice if, when I selected DIG, it could switch the mode of my IC-7300 to USB-D and back to USB/LSB when I go back to PH.

Michael WA7SKG

WA7SKG <wa7skg@...>

That is the problem. It is not storing the last frequency, at least for the digital mode. Yesterday, when I selected 20m DIG, it always went to 14200, regardless of what frequency I last operated on digital. After one of the many crashes last night, it changed to 14000. Any time I now select 20m DIG, it goes to 14000 and I have to tune to 14070. I also have to manually select USB-D, as N1MM will not change the mode. In the Mode Control configuration, there is no option to select USB-D, even though the documentation says USB-D is supported for the IC-7300. Likewise the other bands, the last digital frequency is not remembered. Sometimes, it will return to the last PH frequency, sometimes it doesn't.

Michael WA7SKG

John Bednar wrote on 10/13/2018 03:34 PM:

[...]

Rick Ellison

In the mode control for my 7300 I have AFSK set for RTTY and I have AFSK-R set for PSK. When I switch to each of the digital modes the radio follows correctly to either LSB-D or USB-D if I switch to PSK.. I also have on the left side of the mode control pane set to Follow radio.

Just getting back home now so I will check the band buttons after dinner..

How do you configure the Band Panel frequencies? When I hover my
mouse over a button it says what frequency it will QSY to. When I
select PH, it seems to go to the last frequency I was tuned to on
phone. But when I go to DIG, I can't get it to go to the digital
frequency, i.e. 14070 for 20m. Instead, it goes to 14.200 for 20m Dig
and 7251.12 for 40m DIG,
3995.93 on 80m DIG. It doesn't seem to matter what frequency I was on the last time I was in DIG mode. Since I predominately use PSK31, I would like it to go to 14070, 7070, and 3580 accordingly. Any way to code this or configure it someplace?

Now, to really dream, it would also be nice if, when I selected DIG, it could switch the mode of my IC-7300 to USB-D and back to USB/LSB when I go back to PH.

Michael WA7SKG

Rick Ellison

When it comes to the band buttons you will find that if you right click on the entry window and select Change band Panel Display and select each of the bands you want to use and then save them the correct last used frequencies will be displayed. I just tried this before I ate and if I did not have any of the bands selected the digital frequencies were showing odd frequencies on each band and would not show the correct ones. After I selected the bands I wanted to use the frequencies started to track correctly..

How do you configure the Band Panel frequencies? When I hover my
mouse over a button it says what frequency it will QSY to. When I
select PH, it seems to go to the last frequency I was tuned to on
phone. But when I go to DIG, I can't get it to go to the digital
frequency, i.e. 14070 for 20m. Instead, it goes to 14.200 for 20m Dig
and 7251.12 for 40m DIG,
3995.93 on 80m DIG. It doesn't seem to matter what frequency I was on the last time I was in DIG mode. Since I predominately use PSK31, I would like it to go to 14070, 7070, and 3580 accordingly. Any way to code this or configure it someplace?

Now, to really dream, it would also be nice if, when I selected DIG, it could switch the mode of my IC-7300 to USB-D and back to USB/LSB when I go back to PH.

Michael WA7SKG

Larry K8UT

Michael,

If you are only operating two contests...

Once you have defined the two contests (>File >New Log in Database) and you begin operating the contest(s), you can quickly Hot-Key between those two contests by typing <alt>F, 2 (>File, then the number 2). This "feature" works because, when trying to jump between only two contests, the opposite contest will always be the second (#2) in the contest list.

-larry (K8UT)