Topics

RTTY Output to Text

Hank Garretson

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

When I click on Output to Text File, it works.

BUT only for that N1MM+ session. If I close N1MM+ and restart, I have to remember to reclick on Output to Text File.

Am I missing something?

Is there a way to make Output To Text File sticky, like, for instance, Rt Click = Return NOT Menu ?

Contest Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Jamie WW3S

Where’s the LIKE button !!!

On Oct 2, 2018, at 7:19 PM, Hank Garretson <w6sx@...> wrote:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

When I click on Output to Text File, it works.

BUT only for that N1MM+ session. If I close N1MM+ and restart, I have to remember to reclick on Output to Text File.

Am I missing something?

Is there a way to make Output To Text File sticky, like, for instance, Rt Click = Return NOT Menu ?

Contest Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

ve3ki

If you are using MMTTY, either as your main decoder or as an RX-only decoder, you can configure that copy of MMTTY to save its received text to files. You can't see this option from the MMTTY window when it is opened from N1MM+, but you can shut down N1MM+ and open that copy of MMTTY stand-alone. It may give you a couple of warning messages about missing files - just ignore those, they aren't used in N1MM+. Use the File > Log RX file(L) menu item to turn this option on, and the File > Options of Received-log menu items to configure it (file location and time stamps). Once this option has been turned on, it is sticky. The files are text files named with the date (yymmdd.txt).

On Tue, Oct 2, 2018 at 07:19 PM, Hank Garretson wrote:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

When I click on Output to Text File, it works.

BUT only for that N1MM+ session. If I close N1MM+ and restart, I have to remember to reclick on Output to Text File.

Am I missing something?

Is there a way to make Output To Text File sticky, like, for instance, Rt Click = Return NOT Menu ?

Contest Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

David G3YYD

If you are using 2Tone then you can save text ; menu File, Save text. It will keep saving for that session. If you want to stop saving text then click again on  File, Save Text.

73 David G3YYD

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 12:26 AM David G3YYD via Groups.Io <g3yyd2=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

If you are using 2Tone then you can save text ; menu File, Save text. It will keep saving for that session. If you want to stop saving text then click again on  File, Save Text.

73 David G3YYD

Thanks David. And, thanks for super 2Tone.

73,

Hank, W6SX