Topics

Fresh Install

Joe WB9SBD

Edited

I know when you remove programs, a lot of times stuff gets left behind.
So then when doing a new install, it really is not totally like the "First Time".

So when after removing N1MM+ what may be left behind I should remove to make a "Install" as close as possible to a never installed before installation?

I finally got my club willing to try N1MM+ at Field day, after hearing from so many of them how complicated N1MM+ is, I told them it is ONLY as complicated as you want it to be and showed them this.

OK People that say N1MM+ is too complicated.
Is this too complicated?

You type in the left window the stations call,,
Class in the class window,,
section in the section window,,
if all is good hit enter and it's in the log. Done, Next contact please?
Is that hard and too complicated?

So tyhey admit they were mis informed. But now people are confused on the install process.

So I want to make a step by step video of a brand new install.

Hence the need to make it as close to a never been installed before as possible.

So after un installing it, what may be still hanging around?

Joe WB9SBD
--

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme

Jan

Edited

I use advanced uninstaller and after unintall I use Ccleaner

73

Jan

PA4JJ

Op 15.mei.2018 om 16:37 schreef Joe WB9SBD:
[...]

my dxspider clusters running on a raspberry pi:
pa4jj-2 83.162.186.242 port 7300
pa4jj-3 83.162.186.242 port 7388

John Bednar

Edited

Joe,

There are files that are not deleted. *ini, databases, etc. Simply navigate to the N1MM Logger+ directory.

This is why we tell users to rename the user N1MM Logger+ directory when the big hammer is pulled out of the toolbox.

John, K3CT

[...]

Gordon LaPoint

Edited

Joe,
     I recomend revo uninstaller.   It will sweep the registry and hard drive for leftovers and delete them, if you want.  I do lots of testing on software and need a fresh install to properly test, this does the job!  I use the free one.

See: https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
Gordon - N1MGO