Topics

CW Skimmer Telnet & Network Master Station

Kyle K

I have three networked computers for an expedition station that I'm going to be running.  One of the stations (not master) CW Skimmer is going to be running.  I want to connect another non-master station to the CW skimmer telnet, but get the following error : Awaiting Telnet messages from Master Station.  If there is not a Master station, right click on a station in the network status window and designate one.

Setup :
PC 1 - 192.168.0.10 - CW Skimmer machine (not master)
PC 2 - 192.168.0.20 - Master machine connected to internet
PC 3 - 192.168.0.30 - PC wanting CW Skimmer spots (not master)

We are spread over almost a half a mile with wireless yagi's pointing back to a central location with a hot spot for internet.

Questions :
1) I'm unsure why the telnet cluster on PC3 won't connect to PC1.  Can only the master station in a networked configuration broadcast out spots?

2) If I point the PC running CW skimmer to 127.0.0.1:7300 to populate my local band map and I have Spots checked in my Broadcast Data window, should other machines on the network see my CW Skimmer spots from the CW Skimmer PC?

ve3ki

Yes, only the master station broadcasts spots to the other networked copies of N1MM+.

If you want CW Skimmer spots and not Telnet spots, make the computer running CW Skimmer the master, and all three computers will see the Skimmer spots.

If you want both CW Skimmer spots and Telnet spots, then AFAIK you need to run a spot aggregator program like WinTelnetX on the computer that is running CW Skimmer. There are instructions for setting this up at <http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/CW_Skimmer/Wintelquick.pdf> - those instructions assume everything is running on a single computer. If you are able to run an Internet connection and CW Skimmer on the same computer, these instructions should work. Make the copy of N1MM+ on that computer the master, point it at the output from WinTelnetX, and it should broadcast the spots from both sources to the other computers on the network.

If the hotspot cannot be at the same location as CW Skimmer, perhaps you can set up a computer at the hotspot as a gateway to give the computer running CW Skimmer and WinTelnetX access to the internet.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 06:06 am, Kyle K wrote:
[...]

vitezslav.vala@...

Hi Kyle,  I have a similar problem. Have you found a solution for linking cw skimmer and telnet data from different computers to N1MM logger?

ve3ki

Take a look at K1TTT's WinTelnetX program (<http://www.k1ttt.net/software.html#wintelnetx>).