Topics

N1MM and log window

Bill DeVore <maxrcul@...>

Every time I launch N1MM+ the log window opens also. Is there anyway to prevent the log from opening each time?

ve3ki

If you close the Log window before shutting down the program, it will not open when you start the program next time. The windows that are open at the time the program shuts down (assuming a normal graceful shutdown) are the ones that will open when it is next restarted.

Rich VE3KI

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 11:03 am, Bill DeVore wrote:
Every time I launch N1MM+ the log window opens also. Is there anyway to prevent the log from opening each time?

Larry K8UT

>Is there anyway to prevent the log from opening each time?
No.  The open/close attribute of other windows is remembered, but not the log's.

There are too many instances of people launching N1MM thinking they are in contest ABC and then after logging some Qs realize they are in contest XYZ. We intentionally force-open the log widow to discourage such mistakes.

-larry (K8UT)

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2018-04-04 14:03:58
Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] N1MM and log window

ve3ki

My mistake - I will add a note to that effect to the manual.

Rich VE3KI

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 11:35 am, Larry K8UT wrote:
>Is there anyway to prevent the log from opening each time?
No.  The open/close attribute of other windows is remembered, but not the log's.

There are too many instances of people launching N1MM thinking they are in contest ABC and then after logging some Qs realize they are in contest XYZ. We intentionally force-open the log widow to discourage such mistakes.

-larry (K8UT)

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 2018-04-04 14:03:58
Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] N1MM and log window

Bill DeVore <maxrcul@...>

Makes sense! At least now I know why it’s happening. Thanks!