Topics

Suggestion

Timothy Holmes <taholmes160@...>

HI Guys;  Ive been using N1MM+ in the SSB contest this weekend, it would be really nice to have a way to somehow mark a spot in the band window to come back to him later, if hes in a pile or someting

Thanks
TIM
W8TAH
--

Tim Holmes - W8TAH

Jamie WW3S

Maybe put a MARK button in the entry window....oh wait, it's already there!!?

Sent from BlueMail

On Mar 4, 2018, at 2:04 PM, Timothy Holmes <taholmes160@...> wrote:
HI Guys;  Ive been using N1MM+ in the SSB contest this weekend, it would be really nice to have a way to somehow mark a spot in the band window to come back to him later, if hes in a pile or someting

Thanks
TIM
W8TAH
--

Tim Holmes - W8TAH

Don N7FLT

ALT+O,  or go to Config and check "QSYing Wipes the Call & Spots QSO in Bandmap (S&P)".  Which is what I do.

Don, n7flt

On 3/4/2018 12:03 PM, Timothy Holmes wrote:
HI Guys;  Ive been using N1MM+ in the SSB contest this weekend, it would be really nice to have a way to somehow mark a spot in the band window to come back to him later, if hes in a pile or someting

Thanks
TIM
W8TAH
--

Tim Holmes - W8TAH

_._,_._,_

Timothy Holmes <taholmes160@...>

Hi Guys, Thanks for the suggestions, the "Mark" button does not in any way flag that particular call to make it stand out on the next pass through the band map

TIM
W8TAH

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 2:25 PM Don N7FLT <n7fltdx@...> wrote:

ALT+O,  or go to Config and check "QSYing Wipes the Call & Spots QSO in Bandmap (S&P)".  Which is what I do.

Don, n7flt

On 3/4/2018 12:03 PM, Timothy Holmes wrote:
HI Guys;  Ive been using N1MM+ in the SSB contest this weekend, it would be really nice to have a way to somehow mark a spot in the band window to come back to him later, if hes in a pile or someting

Thanks
TIM
W8TAH
--

Tim Holmes - W8TAH

--

Tim Holmes - W8TAH

Mike ND9G

Try using the Store button then.

Mike ND9G

On Mar 4, 2018 1:31 PM, "Timothy Holmes" <taholmes160@...> wrote:
[...]

John Bednar

Tim,

Add something to the end of the callsign.   Like W8TAH?

John, K3CT

[...]

Bill, K2PO

I'd amend the suggestion.

I use "Mark" when a pileup operator is not IDing, and I want to return later to see if I can get the callsign.

For that, it would be good if the Ctrl-Alt-Up/Down Arrow keyboard shortcuts would stop at Marks in the bandmap.  (It presently just stops at new multipliers.)

I have sometime flagged such pileups with DX1, DX2, etc., but that's a kludge...

73,

/Bill, K2PO

VE9AA - Mike

I do the same as Bill, K2PO, so that as I S&P up/dn and hear a pileup from some DX operator not ID-ing and it sounds like he might be rare.
I normally go UNassisted.  I can't wait around 5, 10, 15 minutes for someone to ID.  I'll check back.

The Kludge (as Bill calls it, hi!) works, but only if you remember not to use the same DX1, DX2 mnemonic over again.  If there are a lot of non-IDing guys, then sometimes
they get overwritten, it's true.  Occasionally I'll use "EUDX1" or "CARIB1DX" or PAC2DX, just in case I can sorta determine/guess the direction given the time of day, band, or beam direction.

Would be nice if the CTRL-UP (or down) WOULD stop at a marked spot.....

Mike VE9AA

Martin OL5Y

Agree. I will like it too.

Now I use LID1, LID2, BIGLID1, ... ;-)

Martin OL5Y

I do the same as Bill, K2PO, so that as I S&P up/dn and hear a pileup from some DX operator not ID-ing and it sounds like he might be rare.
I normally go UNassisted.  I can't wait around 5, 10, 15 minutes for someone to ID.  I'll check back.

The Kludge (as Bill calls it, hi!) works, but only if you remember not to use the same DX1, DX2 mnemonic over again.  If there are a lot of non-IDing guys, then sometimes
they get overwritten, it's true.  Occasionally I'll use "EUDX1" or "CARIB1DX" or PAC2DX, just in case I can sorta determine/guess the direction given the time of day, band, or beam direction.

Would be nice if the CTRL-UP (or down) WOULD stop at a marked spot.....

Mike VE9AA

Gerald Boutin (VE1DT)

The program is already working as it should.

MARK is for stations you do NOT want to work. We want to avoid them, not jump to them in the bandmap. For stations I might still need to work, but don't want to wait for the full call, I put in something like DX1, DX2 or the partial call.

Perhaps the addition of a MAYBE spot would be helpful. Instead of entering a partial call or doing a MARK, we could just flag the frequency as a MAYBE  which would results in with a "?? at 05:47:15". Those MAYBE spots would be included  when jumping up/down in the bandmap.

This way
--
Gerald, VE1DT

Julio VE3FH

I operate in a similar way as others indicated (Mike, Bill, Martin) and I would like to be able to jump to a MARKed spot by means of the Ctrl-Alt-Up/Down shortcut.

I personally find the MARK label misleading, it should be labeled something like DNW or NIC for "do not work" or "not in contest" because, as explained, many of us have multiple reasons for MARKing a frequency and having to resort to Alt-O to store a label (fake callsign) in the bandmap is far from optimal.

73,
Julio VE3FH