Topics

Spectrum display - Icom 7300 #IC7300 #spectrum

Rob Cichocki

Can someone please help me with getting the Spectrum display working in N1MM Logger.

I have it working no problem in DXlab but when I try the same port settings in N1MM I get the following error pop up.

"The Baud Rate on COM2 could not be set. Do you have the correct driver installed?"

The speed has to be set to 115200 for the scope to work and this works just fine in DXlab software so no issues with comport or drivers.

If I set to lower speed, the N1MM software works but the spectrum will not.

Thanks for all the help.

Tom - N1MM

Uninstall the latest Silicon Labs driver and install the one from the Icom web site.

The latest Silicon Labs driver is incompatible with .Net's SerialPort class.

Tom - N1MM

Jon Foster <augmister@...>

I am having the same issue as Rob Cichoki.   Tom, can you send me the link to that driver you mentioned on the Icom web site?   Thank you!

73
Jon Foster
KC1FUU

Rob Cichocki

I cannot find any link to Silicon Labs driver on the Icom website.  I have looked through the whole of the support section.
Can you please post a link?

Many thanks for the help.

Rob - 2E0GOZ

Tom - N1MM

https://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/firm/IC-7600/usb1_20/

Les Elliott

Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 8:28 AM
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Spectrum display - Icom 7300

I cannot find any link to Silicon Labs driver on the Icom website.  I have looked through the whole of the support section.
Can you please post a link?

Many thanks for the help.

Rob - 2E0GOZ

Rob Cichocki

Working, many thanks. :)

Tom Blahovici <tomb18@...>

As Tom says, there are two types of drivers from Silicon Labs.  The ones that Icom use and the ones that are designated as Windows Universal Drivers.  These report that the maximum baud rate is 23800 which is incorrect.  It seems that any of the icom drivers are fine. If you open the device manager and look at the driver in use for the Silicon labs devices, if it reports version 10.xx .  That is the bad driver.  Uninstall it, and make sure you click the checkbox "Delete drivers" otherwise Windows might reinstall the same version 10 drivers since it thinks it is more recent.  This seems to only effect software written using .NET
73 Tom

Tom Blahovici <tomb18@...>

Further to the above, the same thing happens with the Silicon Labs drivers for Yaesu radios.  They cannot connect over 19200 baud.
Do not use the version 10 drivers.