Topics

PTT hanging

Rag LB-Three-RE Stein-Roar

Hi

I ran CQ WW RTTY this weekend, and PTT hangs on end of TX from time to time. At any macro...
I use mmtty for tx, but cpu usage go up for n1mm suddenly. Cpu usage for mmtty stay normal.

Then need to ESC to make it stop, then its engage suddenly again 2-3 times...
After this a long stream of macros start to finish the stream...

This happens even no RF output to Microham MKII keyer.

A bug in n1mm?
Writelog works fine with mmtty.

73s
Stein-Roar Brobakken
LB3RE K3RAG
www.lb3re.com
@LB3RE

ve3ki

How are you doing PTT? Do you have more than one method of PTT control configured? For example, do you have PTT configured in both N1MM+ and MMTTY? Also, do you have Sound card PTT enabled in the microHam Router? IIRC, that can cause problems, and it's not necessary when you are using software that can control PTT directly.

CPU usage going up sounds like some other activity may be interfering. Are you using telnet? Raw skimmer spots or filtered?

Rich VE3KI

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <post@...> wrote :

Hi

I ran CQ WW RTTY this weekend, and PTT hangs on end of TX from time to time. At any macro...
I use mmtty for tx, but cpu usage go up for n1mm suddenly. Cpu usage for mmtty stay normal.

A bug in n1mm?

73s
Stein-Roar Brobakken
LB3RE K3RAG
www.lb3re.com
post@...

Hi

Microham:
Only ptt on fsk port
No soundcard ptt enabled

Mmtty:
No ptt in mmtty

N1mm:
No ptt port
Only active software ptt on last check on rig control/cat 

No telnet or skimmer connected.

Den 25. sep. 2017 kl. 09.39 skrev ve3iay@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...>:

How are you doing PTT? Do you have more than one method of PTT control configured? For example, do you have PTT configured in both N1MM+ and MMTTY? Also, do you have Sound card PTT enabled in the microHam Router? IIRC, that can cause problems, and it's not necessary when you are using software that can control PTT directly.

CPU usage going up sounds like some other activity may be interfering. Are you using telnet? Raw skimmer spots or filtered?

Rich VE3KI

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

Hi

A bug in n1mm?

73s
Stein-Roar Brobakken
LB3RE K3RAG
www.lb3re.com
post@...

John Bednar

What radio?

It is unusual that the hardware PTT from the Microham is not used and you are relying on radio command PTT. Why?

The CPU usage for Logger+ and radio command PTT not working seems to indicate that you are getting RF into the radio control cable. Do you lose radio control at the same time?

John, K3CT

Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017 3:56 AM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: PTT hanging

Hi

Microham:

Only ptt on fsk port

No soundcard ptt enabled

Mmtty:

No ptt in mmtty

N1mm:

No ptt port

Den 25. sep. 2017 kl. 09.39 skrev ve3iay@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...& gt;:

Rich VE3KI

Hi

A bug in n1mm?

73s
Stein-Roar Brobakken
LB3RE K3RAG
www.lb3re.com
post@...

Hi
Its kenwood ts950sdx

Running 100% slow, 50 % and normal

I never lost frequency
I tried also ts850 with 0 watt out. Same symthomps

Best Regards,
Stein-Roar Brobakken

Den 25. sep. 2017 kl. 11.55 skrev 'John Bednar' k3ct@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...>:

What radio?

It is unusual that the hardware PTT from the Microham is not used and you are relying on radio command PTT. Why?

The CPU usage for Logger+ and radio command PTT not working seems to indicate that you are getting RF into the radio control cable. Do you lose radio control at the same time?

John, K3CT

Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017 3:56 AM
To: N1MMLoggerplus@...
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: PTT hanging

Hi

Microham:

Only ptt on fsk port

No soundcard ptt enabled

Mmtty:

No ptt in mmtty

N1mm:

No ptt port

Den 25. sep. 2017 kl. 09.39 skrev ve3iay@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...& gt;:

Rich VE3KI

Hi

A bug in n1mm?

73s
Stein-Roar Brobakken
LB3RE K3RAG
www.lb3re.com
post@...

Michael <wa7skg@...>

'John Bednar' k3ct@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote on 09/25/2017 02:55 AM:
What radio?
John, K3CT
I have this occasionally with IC-7300. Happens with several different digital programs. I hit send, the radio keys, the message is sent, the software indicates unkey but the radio continues to transmit. I must hit the transmit button on the radio to unkey. No explanation, cannot force it to happen. It just periodically happens.

Gremlins.

Michael
WA7SKG