Topics

GRITTY & N1MM

AI9T

This weekend during the SPDX RTTY contest I was using MMTTY as my main Digital interface with 2Tone and GRITTY as additional receive windows. This was all fine. Only problem was with GRITTY. I could click on a call within the GRITTY receive window and it would populate the Log window but right clicking in the that window would not send. I assume it should??

73
Steve AI9T

Bob - KØRC

Make certain you are running the most current N1MM+ program version, 5613. The GRITTY functionality was enhanced recently.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

--

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

iw1ayd Salvo

Hi Steve, the receive window of GRITTY isn't working with RightClick=return.
This last it's a N1MM+'s feature, not a feature of GRITTY.

The last and greatest integration of GRITTY was to have it's data text printed inside the main DI windows. As to forget it all but not the decoded text.
There, the DI window - with the integrated text printout of each decoder, take place the right click feature of N1MM+.

BTW the GRITTY's window background is its own background. Not a windows of N1MM+ as it is for even the sparse 2Tone RX data windows- I mean when those aren't aggregated to DI.

Try to aggregate the GRITTY's RX data printout to the main DI, it will work since the latest mods. TU N2AMG!!! Two or 3 versions backward the last of today.

I, personally, forget about the GRITTY decoding windows. At least as I didn't tested the callsign extract features that may be useful as promised. Umh for the know contest I thing, not the ones with multiple exchanges, i.e. the A. VOLTA. But it could be still useful with the calls signs extractions.

By now GRITTY own window is reduced down and GRITTY's text is shown only into thee main DI.

   73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS there are still a lot of integration flaws coming from the GRITTY side(*), no logs, no portable, no colors no floating separated windows and so on. But it is there, free, and now TU to N2AMG, it have a much better usability.
*) comparing it to MMTTY that is still the standard IMHO

AI9T

Morning Bob

I'm running the latest version here 5613. Like I say I can left click in the GRITTY DI windows to add the call to the call field but right clicking in the same window will not send the report. I have to move cursor to either the MMTTY or 2Tone DI window to finish my report.

73
Steve AI9T

ve3ki@...

Steve,

Rick N2AMG will be back to look at this in another day or two.

Just to be clear, I believe you are talking about the N1MM+ window that GRITTY sends received text to, and not the separate GRITTY program window (the one with the waterfall and spectrum display above the text window). A question (this may or may not make any difference, but just to be sure): Are you using the Attached RX windows option, in which the additional RX windows appear one above the other as panes in the main DI window, or is each RX window a separate window that you can move around the screen independently?

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <steve@...> wrote :

Morning Bob

I'm running the latest version here 5613. Like I say I can left click in the GRITTY DI windows to add the call to the call field but right clicking in the same window will not send the report. I have to move cursor to either the MMTTY or 2Tone DI window to finish my report.

73
Steve AI9T

AI9T

Hi Rich & All
I stand corrected on this. A week or 2 ago or so when I first set this up you couldn't use GRITTY as an attached window. I'm thinking it would even tell you that. I just tried this again and now it can be attached and works just fine. I guess that is what I get for assuming and not rechecking. I was actually using them this weekend unattached. I prefer them to be attached.

sorry for all the useless emails

73
Steve AI9T

Rick Ellison

Steve..

I am curious what window were you right clicking in that was not working with the right click?

The minimized (not the attached) rx window or the actual Gritty window??

The minimized one should already accept the right click but I have not added a right click option for the actual Gritty window. It would be easy to intercept the right clikc in Gritty and have that act the same way when using the Right click sends setting.

73 Rick N2AMG

I stand corrected on this. A week or 2 ago or so when I first set this up you couldn't use GRITTY as an attached window. I'm thinking it would even tell you that. I just tried this again and now it can be attached and works just fine. I guess that is what I get for assuming and not rechecking. I was actually using them this weekend unattached. I prefer them to be attached.

sorry for all the useless emails

73
Steve AI9T

AI9T

Hi Rick

I was clicking on the actual GRITTY window. Left click would ad the call to the entry window but right click would not work. Now that I can attach the window this is not a problem. I normally run them attached.

Thanks

73
Steve AI9T