Topics

YASME Excellence Award

N1MM <tfwagner@...>

Today we were honored with the YASME Excellence Award. This is their press release:

November 13, 2015
St. Charles, MO

*THE YASME FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES YASME EXCELLENCE AWARD TO */*N1MM+*/*DEVELOPMENT TEAM*

The Board of Directors is pleased to announce that it has awarded the Yasme Excellence Award to the /N1MM+/Development Team: Tom Wagner, N1MM; Rick Ellison, N2AMG; Steve London, N2IC; John Bednar, K3CT; Nikolay Safronov, NA3M; Pete Smith, N4ZR; Andreas Hofman, KU7T; Larry Gauthier, K8UT; and Richard Ferch, VE3KI. The initial /N1MM Classic/is a sophisticated logging program offered at no cost to contesters around the world. /N1MM+/is a major revision to the original program and was a completely volunteer effort of thousands of programmer-hours to rewrite and test more than 250,000 lines of code. (_www.n1mm.com <http://www.n1mm.com/>;_) The program continues to be made available without charge and continues to be refined on a regular basis, supported by an extensive user group and full documentation.

The Yasme Excellence Award is presented to those who, through their own service, creativity, effort and dedication, have made a significant contribution to amateur radio. The contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or organizational achievement, as all three are necessary for amateur radio to grow and prosper. /**/

The Yasme Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation organized to conduct scientific and educational projects related to amateur radio, including DXing (long distance communication) and the introduction and promotion of amateur radio in developing countries. For additional information about The Yasme Foundation, visit our website at *www.yasme.org*.

Ward Silver, NØAX, President

The Yasme Foundation

Board of Directors:

Ward Silver, NØAX, President and Director
Fred Laun, K3ZO, Director and Vice-President
Rusty Epps, W6OAT, Director and Treasurer
Kip Edwards, W6SZN, Director and Secretary
Hans Blondeel Timmerman, PB2T, Director
Ken Claerbout, K4ZW, Director
Martti Laine, OH2BH, Director
Mac McHenry, W6BSY, Director
Bob Vallio, W6RGG, Director

JOHN POWELL

Congratulations to the N1MMLogger Team. Wee done and deserved.

JOhn. ZL1BHQ

[...]

Fred - NA2U

Congrats to the team for earning this well-deserved honor!

73 from the desert,

Fred/NA2U

On Nov 13, 2015, at 7:03 PM, N1MM tfwagner@snet.net [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

------------------------------------
Posted by: N1MM <tfwagner@snet.net>
------------------------------------

N1MM+ FAQ: http://n1mmplus.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Frequently+Asked+Questions&;structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation
------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Olli

Congrats to the whole team and please keep up the good work!

73, Olli - DH8BQA
Contest, DX & radio projects: http://www.dh8bqa.de

Am 14.11.2015 um 03:03 schrieb N1MM tfwagner@... [N1MMLoggerplus]:

[...]

Jim Brown

On Fri,11/13/2015 6:03 PM, N1MM tfwagner@snet.net [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
Today we were honored with the YASME Excellence Award.
The recognition is well deserved and long overdue. We in the contesting community owe the N1MM Logger team a huge debt of gratitude for your longstanding, ongoing, and excellent contributions. I discovered your software in 2007 and never looked back. Thank you.

73, Jim K9YC

Geoff Way

The really nice thing about this recognition is that the N1MM team hits on all 3 of the categories: Technical, Operating, and Organizational.

Well done!

-KA1IOR

Normunds Sne

Congratulations!
Great achievement!

73, Norm
YL3DQ / YL5T

VE9AA - Mike

N1MM and crew rock !

One thing they have that other groups don't seem to have is patience and respect.

I know I have probably  asked my share of dumb or unique questions here and have never been belittled for that.

I try to learn something every day I log in and look at the messages.

The feeling I generally come away with is that either one of the team or one of the readers(users) is there to help people, be they top ten contesters, or folks doing their first contest, even if it's a dumb question, been asked a dozen times before or totally off-base.  Doesn't matter.  The helpfulness is always there it seems.

I really like that.

Well done fellas.

Mike VE9AA

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <wayg@...> wrote :

The really nice thing about this recognition is that the N1MM team hits
on all 3 of the categories: Technical, Operating, and Organizational.

Well done!

-KA1IOR

Ted Bryant

Outstanding and well- deserved indeed!!   Congratulations to this remarkable team!

73, Ted W4NZ

(user since 2003)

[...]

Mike VA3LR

I echo Mike's comments.  Even though I have posted very little to this group I read up on all the messages regularly.  I am amazed at the service the N1MM crew provides.  As a new ham, I sincerely appreciate all of your efforts.  You have truly created a unique piece of software that benefits this hobby.  We are all extremely fortunate for the dedication each of you provide.

Thank you!!

73
Mike
VE3WPV

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

The really nice thing about this recognition is that the N1MM team hits
on all 3 of the categories: Technical, Operating, and Organizational.

Well done!

-KA1IOR

Bostjan Voncina

i'll only say one thing to the crew:
http://dagobah.net/flash/thank_you.swf

:)
Bostjan S55O

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

The really nice thing about this recognition is that the N1MM team hits
on all 3 of the categories: Technical, Operating, and Organizational.

Well done!

-KA1IOR

Tom Z <kg3vtomz@...>

Congratulations. This is well deserved. I have been saying for several years that N1MM is the best free software I have ever experienced. The functionality is awesome and the response to User input is outstanding. At this point, I can't imagine working a Contest without it.

73,

Tom, KG3V

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 9:03 PM, N1MM tfwagner@... [N1MMLoggerplus] <N1MMLoggerplus@...> wrote:

[...]

The Ham Bands are priceless and you earned the right to use them
Get on the Air - Use them or Lose them!

S50LD

Congratulations to the N1MM team!

Big thank you!