Topics

More WAE QTC woes

Goetz DJ3IW

Hi,

doing some on the air testing - RQTC and SQTC seem to work OK.
However, my test partner (DM5TI) and I feel unhappy about the feature that
CTRL-Z IMMEDIATELY logs the QSO (regardless if it's complete or not) and
clears the entry window. We feel this logging should be postponed until the
QTC exchange is complete or cancelled.
When using the {DIGQTCS} macro to send QTCs to a station you already
exchanged the full quota a runtime error occurs - reproducible. It is logged
in my LogError.txt

73 de Goetz DJ3IW

VE2FK

Goetz

I think it’s normal to LOG the QSO before sending or receiving QTC?

When opening the TX Send Window the Callsign come again.
and QTC are only logged only when I click SAVE

Claude VE2FK

Rick Ellison

The logging of the qso before opening the QTC window was the same in Classic so that part has not changed since Then. I will need some more input of others on this. One of the reasons is that way in case something happens or your system locks up the original QSO is logged and you just need to rework him for QTC or figure it out from the text file logs the logger keeps.

As for the error can you send me your logerror.txt file so I can see what line it is happening on..

73 Rick n2AMG

doing some on the air testing - RQTC and SQTC seem to work OK.
However, my test partner (DM5TI) and I feel unhappy about the feature that
CTRL-Z IMMEDIATELY logs the QSO (regardless if it's complete or not) and
clears the entry window. We feel this logging should be postponed until the
QTC exchange is complete or cancelled.
When using the {DIGQTCS} macro to send QTCs to a station you already
exchanged the full quota a runtime error occurs - reproducible. It is logged
in my LogError.txt

73 de Goetz DJ3IW

Rick Ellison

In both RQTC and SQTC the qtc is logged when the highlighted row moves to the next line. This was done to make sure the QTC was preserved in case something happened to your computer crashing…

73 Rick n2AMG

I think it’s normal to LOG the QSO before sending or receiving QTC?

When opening the TX Send Window the Callsign come again.

and QTC are only logged only when I click SAVE

Claude VE2FK

Larry K8UT

The QTC contest has always functioned with the QSO being recorded first, then the additional “bonus” QTC points are added to the contact. I do not think that should be changed.

-larry (K8UT)

Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 8:17 PM
Subject: RE: [N1MMLoggerplus] More WAE QTC woes

[...]

Do you have a slow PC? Try a free scan!