Topics

N1MMLogger+ not following radio mode

Steve K8JQ

I'm trying to set up N1MMLogger+ for the Pa QSO Party. It seems logger is following the radio frequency on the bandmap but is not following the radio mode. Logger does not know the radio's mode. If logger is getting frequency shouldn't it also be getting mode?

Logger's Config => Mode Control tab has "Use radio mode (default)" selected.

Windows 7. Icom IC-7800 linked to the computer through a K9JM CI-V router. N1MMLogger+ V1.0.5245.0.

Advice?

Steve, K8JQ

VE9AA - Mike

Hi Steve,

I believe you'll need the latest ICOM Firmware per the following:

N1MM Logger+ Update 1.0.5053.exe 10M RTTY: Added a 10 Meter RTTY contest to eliminate user confusion over the use of ARRL RTTY Roundup contest selection. (K8UT) (Coded by K3CT)
Computer Networking: Disable the Ctrl+E keystroke when the computer network is not active. Add an EntryWindow menu item for the Talk window in the Window menu. (Coded by K3CT)
Changed runtime error dialog to user-interpretable error for malformed or non-database errors. (Coded by N1MM)
Flex 6000: Radio control improvements. (Coded by K3CT)
IC-7600: Control the radio with the new firmware commands. Requires the IC-7600 firmware 2.00 or newer. (Coded by K3CT)
IC-7800, IC7850, IC7851: Control the radio with the new firmware commands. Requires the latest firmware. (Coded by K3CT)
IC-7100: Added LSB-D & USB-D control. They are mapped to AFSK and AFSK-R. The radio codec can now be used for voice and digital modes. (N1EN) (Coded by K3CT)
Radio Control: Added Run mode RIT control for the following radios: FT-Dx9000, FT-Dx3000, FT-Dx1200, FT-950. (PA5WT)(Coded by K3CT) 3.75 MB 28 Jul 2015 3607

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <steve65@...> wrote :

I'm trying to set up N1MMLogger+ for the Pa QSO Party. It seems logger
is following the radio frequency on the bandmap but is not following the
radio mode. Logger does not know the radio's mode. If logger is getting
frequency shouldn't it also be getting mode?

Logger's Config => Mode Control tab has "Use radio mode (default)" selected.

Windows 7. Icom IC-7800 linked to the computer through a K9JM CI-V
router. N1MMLogger+ V1.0.5245.0.

Advice?

Steve, K8JQ

VE9AA - Mike

p.s.-someone (not me) posted a quick fix that did not require a firmware update to get the basic rig functions of the Ic-7800 (not all functions) of the rig to work by choosing another radio.  I want to say it was an IC-756PRO-something but don;'t recall exactly.

A quick search should find it.

GL

Mike VE9AA...IC-7410 & 746  user

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <steve65@...> wrote :

I'm trying to set up N1MMLogger+ for the Pa QSO Party. It seems logger
is following the radio frequency on the bandmap but is not following the
radio mode. Logger does not know the radio's mode. If logger is getting
frequency shouldn't it also be getting mode?

Logger's Config => Mode Control tab has "Use radio mode (default)" selected.

Windows 7. Icom IC-7800 linked to the computer through a K9JM CI-V
router. N1MMLogger+ V1.0.5245.0.

Advice?

Steve, K8JQ

Steve K8JQ

I should have mentioned in my posting that the Icom radio has the 3.10 firmware. I am familiar with the work-around and I can do that, but would rather fix the problem :-)

Steve, K8JQ

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

I'm trying to set up N1MMLogger+ for the Pa QSO Party. It seems logger
is following the radio frequency on the bandmap but is not following the
radio mode. Logger does not know the radio's mode. If logger is getting
frequency shouldn't it also be getting mode?

Logger's Config => Mode Control tab has "Use radio mode (default)" selected.

Windows 7. Icom IC-7800 linked to the computer through a K9JM CI-V
router. N1MMLogger+ V1.0.5245.0.

Advice?

Steve, K8JQ

John Bednar

Steve,

That’s the latest firmware.

Have you tried radio control with the K9JM CI-V router bypassed? Maybe it’s dropping the new firmware commands.

If that doesn’t help, what baud rate are you using?

John, K3CT

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

I'm trying to set up N1MMLogger+ for the Pa QSO Party. It seems logger
is following the radio frequency on the bandmap but is not following the
radio mode. Logger does not know the radio's mode. If logger is getting
frequency shouldn't it also be getting mode?

Logger's Config => Mode Control tab has "Use radio mode (default)" selected.

Windows 7. Icom IC-7800 linked to the computer through a K9JM CI-V
router. N1MMLogger+ V1.0.5245.0.

Advice?

Steve, K8JQ

Steve K8JQ

Yes, I started earlier this afternoon to bypass the CI-V router. Took a bit of time to located the USB-to-serial adapter and CT-17 of yesteryear. And more time to hook it up and get it working. The outcome was that modes are transmitted OK to N1MMLogger+ with that lashup.

Then checked the K9JM website, should have done that in the first place. I found that had Jim posted an "official" firmware upgrade for the CI-V router, I had been using a beta version from August. Installed the version 1.12 CI-V router firmware, that seems to cure the missing mode problem.

Curiously, I helped Jim evaluate the beta firmware and my notes from August indicate modes and frequency were both functional with the beta firmware. That's why I was looking elsewhere to resolve the problem.

Thanks for the advice!

Steve, K8JQ