Topics

Dx cluster don' t working

Roby Borghi

Hi, after the installation of the last version (1.0.5232) my cluster window don't work. When I try to connect any cluster I recive an error message.

the following line are from the error message file:

------

Thread # 28 @ 2015-10-05 22:32:19.283

  There was an error to connect to dx.arilimbiate.net:7300. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Il nome richiesto è valido, non sono stati trovati dati del tipo richiesto

   in System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)

   in System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)

   in System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)

   in N1MMLogger.Net.AsynchronousClient.Main() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Classes\Async Telnet Classes.vb:riga 73

Thread # 29 @ 2015-10-06 19:39:30.165

  There was an error to connect to dx.arilimbiate.net:7300. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Il nome richiesto è valido, non sono stati trovati dati del tipo richiesto

   in System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)

   in System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)

   in System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)

   in N1MMLogger.Net.AsynchronousClient.Main() in C:\N1MM+Source\N1MM Logger on .NET\N1MM Logger.Net\Classes\Async Telnet Classes.vb:riga 73

Any idea???

Bob, ik2lol

Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...>

You might try another cluster node and see if you get the same result - I am getting a connection error (but not a run-time error) when I try to connect to the node your computer reported as causing the error.  W9PA seems to be quite reliable as a test.
73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at
, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/6/2015 3:57 PM, ik2lol00@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

[...]

Same error Pete also using W9PA...

William Liporace WC2L

Try my node dxc.wc2l.com
I think it is in the node list.
Working fine.

Will WC2L

Stephen Elliott

can't connect to any cluster. getting telnet error "nothing received for 3 minutes." Is this a setup problem?

Stephen Elliott

Can't connect to any cluster. Getting telnet error "nothing received in 3 minutes." Is this my setup error?

lu9cbl@gmail.com <lu9cbl@...>

If you use the cluster VE7CC the problem persist??? i have the same problem with several cluster, but with that cluster works fine.

El 09/10/2015 a las 10:44 a.m., tnflyfisher@... [N1MMLoggerplus] escribió:

Can't connect to any cluster. Getting telnet error "nothing received in 3 minutes." Is this my setup error?

Bostjan Voncina

same here...with n1mm classic the problem is nonexistent. ve7cc works..but even that slow. other clusters time out.

bostjan s55o

Dne 9. okt. 2015 16:10 je "'lu9cbl@...' lu9cbl@... [N1MMLoggerplus]" <N1MMLoggerplus@...> napisal/-a:

If you use the cluster VE7CC the problem persist??? i have the same problem with several cluster, but with that cluster works fine.

El 09/10/2015 a las 10:44 a.m., tnflyfisher@... [N1MMLoggerplus] escribió:

Can't connect to any cluster. Getting telnet error "nothing received in 3 minutes." Is this my setup error?

ve3ki@...

Maybe your firewall is preventing N1MM+ from getting access to the Internet(?).

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <tnflyfisher@...> wrote :

Can't connect to any cluster. Getting telnet error "nothing received in 3 minutes." Is this my setup error?

lu9cbl@gmail.com <lu9cbl@...>

In my case, it´s not a connectivity problem because the telnet directly with a putty client, doesn´t work too.

73s
Mat LU9CBL

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

Can't connect to any cluster. Getting telnet error "nothing received in 3 minutes." Is this my setup error?

Bostjan Voncina

ill check the firewall once more..but it worjed fine during cqww rtty.
thx
bostjan s55o

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., wrote :

Can't connect to any cluster. Getting telnet error "nothing received in 3 minutes." Is this my setup error?

N1MM <tfwagner@...>

If you have multiple lan connections, like a wired & a wireless, turn off the one that does not have internet access.

Tom - N1MM

<mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...>, <tnflyfisher@...>
<mailto:tnflyfisher@...> wrote :

Can't connect to any cluster. Getting telnet error "nothing
received in 3 minutes." Is this my setup error?

Bostjan Voncina

That could be it Tom, will try that!
Thx
Bostjan S55O

On 10/9/2015 2:55 PM, Bostjan Voncina - S55O bostjan.voncina@...
[N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

> ill check the firewall once more..but it worjed fine during cqww rtty.
> thx
> bostjan s55o
>
> Dne 9. okt. 2015 18:25 je "'lu9cbl@...
> lu9cbl@...>' lu9cbl@... lu9cbl@...>
> [N1MMLoggerplus]" <N1MMLoggerplus@...
> N1MMLoggerplus@...>> napisal/-a:
>
> In my case, it´s not a connectivity problem because the telnet
> directly with a putty client, doesn´t work too.
>
> 73s
> Mat LU9CBL
>
> El 09/10/2015 a las 01:11 p.m., ve3ki@... ve3ki@...>
> [N1MMLoggerplus] escribió:
>>
>> Maybe your firewall is preventing N1MM+ from getting access to
>> the Internet(?).
>>

>> 73,
>> Rich VE3KI
>>

>> ---In N1MMLoggerplus@...
>> N1MMLoggerplus@...>,
>> tnflyfisher@...> wrote :
>>
>> Can't connect to any cluster. Getting telnet error "nothing
>> received in 3 minutes." Is this my setup error?

James Setzler <jms_k1sd@...>

Same problem here.

I was connected to my local telnet cluster last night as well as nearly everyday.  No problems.

Upgraded to ver 1.0.5245 this morning at login; nothing else was changed – no changes to settings, firewall, nuttin.  N1MM would not connect to cluster.

Went back to ver 1.0.5241 (which has been working FB): No Joy connecting to my usual cluster.  Went to another cluster I’ve used: NADA.  Went to a 3rd and it connected. (?)

I’ve put a call into the two SysOps to see if their nodes are up.  We’ll see.

    73 James K1SD

Re: Dx cluster don' t working

Fri Oct 9, 2015 9:11 am (PDT) . Posted by:

rich_ve3ki

Maybe your firewall is preventing N1MM+ from getting access to the Internet(?).

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <tnflyfisher@...> wrote :

Can't connect to any cluster. Getting telnet error "nothing received in 3 minutes." Is this my setup error?

Steve London

On 10/09/2015 04:12 PM, 'James Setzler' jms_k1sd@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
Same problem here.

I was connected to my local telnet cluster last night as well as nearly
everyday. No problems.

Upgraded to ver 1.0.5245 this morning at login; nothing else was changed
� no changes to settings, firewall, nuttin.
Could Microsoft have done an automatic update overnight ?

N1MM would not connect to
cluster.

Went back to ver 1.0.5241 (which has been working FB): No Joy connecting
to my usual cluster. Went to another cluster I�ve used: NADA. Went to
a 3rd and it connected. (?)

I�ve put a call into the two SysOps to see if their nodes are up. We�ll
see.
For those having trouble, it would be helpful for the rest of us to know what clusters you can no longer connect to, and what version of Windows you are running.

73,
Steve, N2IC

Mat Mat Mat <lu9cbl@...>

Hi to all in my case cluster was K1TTT AND WINDOWS 7 64 BITS

73s
Mat LU9CBL

> I was connected to my local telnet cluster last night as well as nearly
> everyday.  No problems.
>
> Upgraded to ver 1.0.5245 this morning at login; nothing else was changed
> – no changes to settings, firewall, nuttin.

Could Microsoft have done an automatic update overnight ?

> N1MM would not connect to
> cluster.
>
> Went back to ver 1.0.5241 (which has been working FB): No Joy connecting
> to my usual cluster.  Went to another cluster I’ve used: NADA.  Went to
> a 3rd and it connected. (?)
>
> I’ve put a call into the two SysOps to see if their nodes are up.  We’ll
> see.

For those having trouble, it would be helpful for the rest of us to know
what clusters you can no longer connect to, and what version of Windows
you are running.

73,
Steve, N2IC

------------------------------------

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    N1MMLoggerplus-digest@...
    N1MMLoggerplus-fullfeatured@...

Chester Alderman <aldermant@...>

FYI....

Just loaded 5245, rebooted my Win 10 64-bit PC, activated NL+ and
immediately logged into VE7CC with no problems.

Tom - W4BQF

[...]

N1MM+ FAQ:
N1MM+ http://n1mmplus.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Frequently+Asked+Q
N1MM+ uestions&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation
------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

drew.vonadasmith@...

My case is also K1TTT and WIn 7 Pro/64.  I thought the node was just down, but it is a lot of them.  K3NC is one example that works fine.

73,
Drew K3PA

drew.vonadasmith@...

I'm sorry guys, it's hard to remember turning on the thread...  I'm trying...

In my case it is also K1TTT and Win 7 Pro/64.  Lots of others also don't connect.  K3NC is one example that does work OK.

73,
Drew K3PA

---In N1MMLoggerplus@..., <lu9cbl@...> wrote :

Hi to all in my case cluster was K1TTT AND WINDOWS 7 64 BITS

73s
Mat LU9CBL

> I was connected to my local telnet cluster last night as well as nearly
> everyday.  No problems.
>
> Upgraded to ver 1.0.5245 this morning at login; nothing else was changed
> – no changes to settings, firewall, nuttin.

Could Microsoft have done an automatic update overnight ?

> N1MM would not connect to
> cluster.
>
> Went back to ver 1.0.5241 (which has been working FB): No Joy connecting
> to my usual cluster.  Went to another cluster I’ve used: NADA.  Went to
> a 3rd and it connected. (?)
>
> I’ve put a call into the two SysOps to see if their nodes are up.  We’ll
> see.

For those having trouble, it would be helpful for the rest of us to know
what clusters you can no longer connect to, and what version of Windows
you are running.

73,
Steve, N2IC

------------------------------------

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    N1MMLoggerplus-digest@...
    N1MMLoggerplus-fullfeatured@...

Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...>

and try w9pa-4. I just connected to it with no problem, running win7/64..

73, Pete N4ZR