Topics

Error for Export to File (Generic)

Victor Paul

So has anyone come up with a diagnosis and fix for this?  I too am trying to do an "Export to File (Generic?" from a CQWW RTTY log and get an error and a .txt file with nothing but the headers.  A window entitled Open Error pops up with a message that says: Error opening G:\HamRadio\N1MM_Plus_User\ExportFiles\PJ6A.txt - Export aborted.

This happens both on the Windows 7 laptop used during the contest and on a Windows 7 desktop to which I copied the database from the contest.

What I'm really looking for is a data output that shows mult and point status for each QSO.  Ultimately I want to make a graph showing score versus time and the generic file export that I can then put into Excel seems to be the only path toward that goal.

On a side note, a cumulative score versus hour would be a nice addition to the Statistics window choices.

Victor Paul - WB0TEV
(part of this years CQ WW RTTY  PJ6A team)

Gerry Treas

Worked fine here.

73, Gerry K8GT

On Sunday, October 4, 2015 4:11 PM, "vmpaul@... [N1MMLoggerplus]" wrote:

[...]

Larry K8UT

Victor,

I also encountered an error when trying to >File >Export >Export to file (generic).

As a workaround, you could >Export to ADIF file, then convert to an Excel CSV file that you can edit/sort/graph/manipulate however you’d like. You’ll find my ADIF -to- CSV conversion program on my website under >File Gallery.

-larry (K8UT)

Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2015 4:11 PM
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] Re: Error for Export to File (Generic)

[...]

Larry Stowell <lclarks@...>

Doesn’t here!

73 Larry K1ZW

Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2015 4:15 PM

[...]

I have been testing and determined that it seems to be contest-specific. It works for most contests in my database but not the CQWWRTTY contest just ended. Steve N2IC is going to take a look at the problem later this week. QRX a bit...

-larry (K8UT)

Sent: Monday, October 05, 2015 2:04 PM

Doesn’t here!

73 Larry K1ZW

[...]