Topics

DIGITAL MACRO {FILE:xxxx}

i2dmi frank

Hi all,

is it possible to use the {FILE:xxxx} macro with N1MM+ ??

I have got a message error when calling this macro {FILE:"HELLO.txt"}

I'm not sure what is the correct (full path) spelling (in N1MM+)

thanks 73 Frank i2dmi

Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...>

Only in digital modes.  See
73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at
, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 9/28/2015 4:10 PM, i2dmi@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

Hi all,

is it possible to use the {FILE:xxxx} macro with N1MM+ ??

I have got a message error when calling this macro {FILE:"HELLO.txt"}

I'm not sure what is the correct (full path) spelling (in N1MM+)

thanks 73 Frank i2dmi

i2dmi frank

Hi Pete,
thanks!
I did read the manual and that page (I never had such problem with N1MM since 2007), but perhaps, in N1MM+,  I am typing wrong something. Can you please send me a tested "HELLO.txt" example ?
I tried several spelling/typing ways, but everytimes I got an error. If you want I can send you - with a separate email - the full page with the error report link.
Sorry for wasting your time
73 Frank i2dmi

Rick Ellison

Frank..

I will add this to my list to check…

73 Rick N2AMG

I did read the manual and that page (I never had such problem with N1MM since 2007), but perhaps, in N1MM+,  I am typing wrong something. Can you please send me a tested "HELLO.txt" example ?

I tried several spelling/typing ways, but everytimes I got an error. If you want I can send you - with a separate email - the full page with the error report link.

Sorry for wasting your time

73 Frank i2dmi

i2dmi frank

tnx Rick

the error says: "invalid chars "
I simply typed {FILE:"HELLO.TXT"}

I'm using win 7 64b.

ciao 73 Frank i2dmi

Rick Ellison

Hi Frank..

I was able to check the working of this and it is working correctly..

I created a text file called Hi.txt in my C:\ in this file I added

Equipment here is IC706MK2G – 40Watts

Carolina Windom at 40’

WX here nice and 70deg.

Then is one of my Digital  macro’s I added {file:c:\Hi.txt}

Upon clicking that macro the text file was sent..

73 Rick N2AMG

Hi Frank - I'm not a digital op and am preoccupied at the moment with family medical stuff.  You best bet is to write to n2amg@n2amg.com, who is responsible for all the digital stuff in both N1MM and N1MM+.
On 9/28/2015 5:10 PM, i2dmi@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

Hi Pete,
thanks!
I did read the manual and that page (I never had such problem with N1MM since 2007), but perhaps, in N1MM+,  I am typing wrong something. Can you please send me a tested "HELLO.txt" example ?
I tried several spelling/typing ways, but everytimes I got an error. If you want I can send you - with a separate email - the full page with the error report link.
Sorry for wasting your time
73 Frank i2dmi

iw1ayd Salvo

Hi all
Frank Rick is showing you the right way to use that FILE macro, I didn't tested it but it seems that you are adding an unwanted character and, further, not a file path.
Your macro is:
{FILE:"HELLO.TXT"}
The Rick's macro is:
{file:c:\Hi.txt}

Frank leave out the capital letter consideration, it doesn't have any meanings.
Look at yours macro payload "THISISTHEFILE.TXT". There is a " character that have no meaning for the parser and there isn't the path where to get your TXT file.

Let's try to make it clever as Rick have already explicated:
place yours TXT file into a directory wherever you want;
give into the FILE macro payload the full pathname and the file name you want to transmit on air.
There isn't the need to to include the pathname & file name into segregating characters

The logger itself doesn't have a default directory where to grep any file name by itself.
Somewhat differentiating this from other logger functions where file are searched into a pre-build path name.
But the logger use some native NTFS name parsing that help a lot ...

I am not using the standard installation, so I don't want to add bad habits here, but ..
{TX}{file:C:\n1mm\iw1ayd\000-text-tx-files\testcall01.txt}{RX}
Where the 000-text-tx-files is the directory that contain my text files
Testcall01.TXT is my real file name containing the text to be transmitted on demand.
Please note than capitals letters aren't checked at all, for the purpose Testcall01.TXT  and testcall01.txt are the same.
Also space, at least inside the path name could be used without any care for DOS strings segregations.
Like the " character you must use when doing the DOS ChangeDirectory, CD, command with spaces in between the slices of the directory name like 000-text - tx - files. You could use all the real names inside the FILE macro.

Hope this could add some more elaboration to who so cleverly Rick wrote.

BTW all this is extremely useful when I am repetitively testing for ant data input, i.e. WAE RTTY QTC and others.

     73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS the 000 string heading the directory name, 000-text-tx-files, is used as it means a personal directory, not a one made by the logger default schema, and place the file name in the first ranks of the subdirectory listing. Sometime is useful when frantically looking for something when in contest.

i2dmi frank

Hi RICK
my apologies. It works!
My mistake:  I placed the file in the same directory of the N1MM+ user files directory.  Now, I placed the text file in C:\ directory  and the marco works  fine.
I send with a separate e-mail the error report if a different directory is used.

Thank you. Sorry for wasting your time.
73 Frank i2dmi

i2dmi frank

Hi Pete,
ok tnx. I wish you to solve soon the medical stuff. good luck.
Thanks Frank i2dmi

i2dmi frank

Ok Salvo.
tnx! All is clear. Have you tested your macro with N1MM+ ??
73 Frank i2dmi

nl290@...

Hi all,

I have also a problem with the DIGITAL MACRO {FILE:xxxx} in MMVARI.
Using the very simple path C:\NQTH results in an error message "Filenotfound".
The complete error report is attached to this message. I'm not a computer expert, so if anyone of you can explain what happens in resulting the error, I would be very pleased and hope to be able tackling the problem.
The N1MMplus runs on an old XP(SP3) notebook, HP Compaq tc4400.
All other macro's are performing well, it's just this one.

Mny tks!
Ruud, PG1R

iw1ayd Salvo

Hi Ruud
You described the fault you have as:
> Using the very simple path C:\NQTH results in an error message "Filenotfound".
I assume you don't mean that C:\NQTH is not a directory, right? So, do you mean a file name C:\NQTH?
May I think that something is wrong just there?
I mean, you wrote C:\NQTH.txt into the FILE macro, but having a file called C:\NQTH (without extension)
Thsi also come on view by the string error you get back when testing the macro:
--snip--
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\NQTH.txt'.
File name: 'C:\NQTH.txt'
--snip--
The FILE macro you wrote is looking for C:\NQTH.txt (note the .txt extension) not C:\NQTH you are looking at as you wrote into UR message. Isn't?

Anyway, I'd made a simple macro:
{tx}{enterlf}{FILE:C:\NQTH.txt}{rx}{enterlf}
I'd also made a file with some plain strings inside called in the same way FILE:C:\NQTH.txt
It works transmitting the string as expected.
The same as having a file called C:\NQTH (no extension at all), but still containing the same plain strings.
And the macro I made for this case is:
{tx}{enterlf}{FILE:C:\NQTH}{rx}{enterlf}
Again it execute perfectly transmitting the test from inside.
I'd also tested {tx}{enterlf}{FILE:C:\NQTH.TXT}{rx}{enterlf}, still having c:.\NQTH.txt: it worked, no text case problems in between  capitals letters for the file extension .TXT and .txt. I suppose it is the same for the file name body.

So Ruud, please check UR macro, I think you could have forgotten to add the .txt extension inside UR file macro. KIS

BTW I ham using W7 and W8.1 on a old quad-core desktop machine but I could say this will not affect the NTFS file retrieval methods, I am pretty sure of this.

Feel free to drop me a private mail, just in case you could need more informations.

Have a look into UR C:\ root directory for the real filename is also a good idea.

    73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS
C:\>dir NQTH* (> dir.txt)

 Directory of C:\

05/10/2015  20:01                20 NQTH
05/10/2015  20:01                20 NQTH.txt
               2 File(s)             40 bytes

nl290@...

Hi Salvo,

Thanks for your prompt answer on my problem.
I have both in the FILE macro and in the file name in the C directory the extension .text used. So that's not the problem, I think.
In your example you use the ENTERLF macro, I think because you work with a TNC. I'm using the USB interface, so the ENTERLF macro is of no need. Though, I tried it with the ENTERLF macro, but, as may expected, no difference: still the same error message.

Anyhow, many thanks so far for your help. I will try further ......

73, Ruud, PG1R

Rick Ellison

Ruud..

Wait till tomorrows release. I have changed the working of the {File:xxxx} macro.

73 Rick N2AMG

Thanks for your prompt answer on my problem.
I have both in the FILE macro and in the file name in the C directory the extension .text used. So that's not the problem, I think.
In your example you use the ENTERLF macro, I think because you work with a TNC. I'm using the USB interface, so the ENTERLF macro is of no need. Though, I tried it with the ENTERLF macro, but, as may expected, no difference: still the same error message.

Anyhow, many thanks so far for your help. I will try further ......

73, Ruud, PG1R

iw1ayd Salvo

Hi Ruud.
Better as Rick wrote to wait until the next version. As him had already taken care of that behavior.
After that we could drill down onto UR issue.

BTW forget about ENTERLF, its my way to start quite any macro and it doesn't have any effect withe the FILE: statement. It just add a CR and a LF on top of the on air TXed string. I am a paper roll eater :-(

  CUL

         73 de iw1ayd Salvo

nl290@...

Hi Salvo,

I've just installed the new program version, followed the steps indicated and, as promised by Rick: the macro {File:xxxx} works fine now on my computer.
Many thanks to Rick and all others who worked on the solution of the macro problem!

73, Ruud, PG1R.

iw1ayd Salvo

Hi Ruud and all.

That's great Ruud! Another satisfied Customer.
I do not deserve any thank, I was just the man in middle. No cookies for me :-)
Who deserve all the thanks is Rick, and the whole N1MM+ development - code & doc - team.
I see that they are doing business as usual, but often the do it much better than the usual better.

Hope that also Frank, I2DMI, keep on going with the work made by Rick.

          73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS BTW, OT: 9th day of count down for the JARTS WW RTTY. HPE CU there.