From: N1MMLoggerplus@... [mailto:N1MMLoggerplus@...]
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2015 7:34 AM
To: n1mmloggerplus@...
Subject: [N1MMLoggerplus] RX window to text file problem

Hi,

I’am using V1.0.5176.0 version - Win 7 64bit 8GB RAM.

When I click in the DI the option “output Rx Window to text file” it works but the output file has no “LF & CR” sequence and the text is hard to read.  Moreover, this option is not stored: when next time I open the DI, the row is unchecked.

Please help. 73 Frank i2dmi

i2dmi frank

Hi Rick,
thanks a lot!!  WordPad works fine !!

Looking forward for your kind reply. 73 Frank i2dmi

iw1ayd Salvo

Hi Frank and all.
Frank even if not required I would say a little bit more about the RX/TX text logging and timestamps.
Do it in a much better way, at least from my point of view.
With N1MM+ shut down, lunch MMTTY.  I mean every MMTTY machine you have in use (i.e. any multiple instance you may have running from inside its subdirectory). Run all those standalone, forget about any error you see keep on run. Then, when you get in control of that instance. Check the upper menu line.
In the upper leftmost, maybe it's FILE, left click and look at the menu menu there are two choiches:
have a monitor;
where to write the file.

You must set yes, of course for the first item.
The second item could be left alone or pointed to any place where you want the specific MMTTY instance log.
Just take care, when writing the path there to have a windows directory separator slash as the last character.
The standard file name is YYMMDD.TXT, 150919.TXT for today. Every day/24h the file is automagically closed and reopened with the new day number name. There are specific rules.

You will obtain something like:
<141017 22:33:30 MMTTY Startup>
---snip--
141018 00:01:03 TX>

TEST IW1AYD IW1AYD CQ
<141018 00:01:08 RX>
EKLOUA6CE UA6CE KFJJQ
<141018 00:01:15 TX>

 UA6CE 599-55-55 IW1AYD
<141018 00:01:22 RX>

IW1AYD 599 66 66 IW1AY
 RGRAETGAOOQKTTFZHZGY
<141018 00:01:37 TX>

UA6CE TU IW1AYD CQ
<141018 00:01:43 RX>
---snip---
This is a log from a previous version of JARTS. As you could see there are <TIMESTAMPS> for both RX and TX. sub fragments.

Now it's more easy to check when somebody will ask for QSL or any one post log freeze check.
I often send fragment/s like this before to say NIL to any OM. At least when I get in touch with others we have something quite clever to look at.

         73 de iw1ayd Salvo

PS there are text tools to serch multiple TXT files (Notepad++). Trough any SO2R set of log files. BTW MMTTY, only MMTTY, have this unique feature. Unfortunately no others RTTY decoders have this feature. And, simply, the received and transmitted text strings from MMTTY to the logger(s) doesn't have all the required informations for a complete check out.

i2dmi frank

Hi Salvo,
tnx for the reply. Really very complete. I'll try it with my setup MMVARI (not MMTTY) and I will report here if it works.
Thanks a lot.
 73
Frank i2dmi