Topics

Com Port Error

AI9T

Today when I started N1MM+ there was an update available. After installing the update I'm getting a message when I try to open an additional RX Digital window. " Com2 encountered an error when being opened. This may have occurred because the port does not exist or is in use by another program." I click OK then I get the same message for Com3 I click again and the same, all the way to com 6 then the additional RX window opens and works OK. I  open another RX window I get the same result.

I was not getting this error before the upgrade. KT9L is getting the same error as I am after his update this morning.

Anyone else seeing this besides Larry and myself?

73
Steve AI9T

Mark Whatley

Same issue observed when I put a new install on my system.
W7 Pro 64  Intel i7

K5XH

On 2/3/2015 12:22 PM, steve@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:

Today when I started N1MM+ there was an update available. After installing the update I'm getting a message when I try to open an additional RX Digital window. " Com2 encountered an error when being opened. This may have occurred because the port does not exist or is in use by another program." I click OK then I get the same message for Com3 I click again and the same, all the way to com 6 then the additional RX window opens and works OK. I  open another RX window I get the same result.

I was not getting this error before the upgrade. KT9L is getting the same error as I am after his update this morning.

Anyone else seeing this besides Larry and myself?

73
Steve AI9T

AI9T

I re-installed the prior update V1.0.4633.0 and now I don't get the COM error any more.

Running Win 8.1 Pro here.

73

Steve AI9T

Rick Ellison <n2amg@...>

Are you using a TNC in the RX Window?? That would be the only time the port would be accessed. Nothing had changed in the digital code in that are but I will look and see why..

73 Rick N2AMG

Today when I started N1MM+ there was an update available. After installing the update I'm getting a message when I try to open an additional RX Digital window. " Com2 encountered an error when being opened. This may have occurred because the port does not exist or is in use by another program." I click OK then I get the same message for Com3 I click again and the same, all the way to com 6 then the additional RX window opens and works OK. I  open another RX window I get the same result.

I was not getting this error before the upgrade. KT9L is getting the same error as I am after his update this morning.

Anyone else seeing this besides Larry and myself?

73
Steve AI9T

AI9T

Hi Rick

I'm not using a TNC. My main digital window is MMTTY 1st addidional RX window is 2Tone I use a third window for the Sub Receiver of the K3 when working RTTY DX today (K1N).

Going back a version was my fix for today. Going back also fixed KT9L's as well

73
Steve AI9T

Rodrigo Ferreira

Hi,

It happens the same on my side. With the last version I have the COM error. Return to version V1.0.4633.0

and all works.

Using regular cables to k-3 and Win7 32.

Regards

Rodrigo

Chester Alderman <aldermant@...>

I have no problems with Com ports with 4646 nor 4633. Win 8.1

73,

Tom – W4BQF

It happens the same on my side. With the last version I have the COM error. Return to version V1.0.4633.0

and all works.

Using regular cables to k-3 and Win7 32.

Regards

Rodrigo

AI9T

Tried new version V1.0.4650.0. Getting the Com Port Error again when opening additional RX digital windows. Reverted back to 1.0.4633 and it works fine again.

73
Steve AI9T

Steve London

What does the error say, exactly ?

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 02/04/2015 10:39 AM, steve@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
Tried new version V1.0.4650.0. Getting the Com Port Error again when
opening additional RX digital windows. Reverted back to 1.0.4633 and it
works fine again.

73
Steve AI9T

VE2FK

It will do that for COM 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,

Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerplus] Com Port Error

What does the error say, exactly ?

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 02/04/2015 10:39 AM, steve@... [N1MMLoggerplus] wrote:
> Tried new version V1.0.4650.0. Getting the Com Port Error again when
> opening additional RX digital windows. Reverted back to 1.0.4633 and it
> works fine again.
>
> 73
> Steve AI9T

Aucun virus trouvé dans ce message.
Analyse effectuée par AVG - www.avg.fr
Version: 2015.0.5646 / Base de données virale: 4281/9056 - Date: 04/02/2015

AI9T

Steve

Here is the error "Com2 encountered an error when being opened. This may have occurred because the port does not exist or is in use by another program"

I click on the error and get the same message for Com3,5,6 then it will open.

73
Steve AI9T