Date   
Re: Toogle between TX and RX antenna #n1mm

John Bednar
 

 

Olaf,

 

Here is the manual text. The Pro3 is included in the list, there should be no issue.

 

John, K3CT

 

 

{ANTRX1TOGGLE}

{ANTRX2TOGGLE}

{ANTRX3TOGGLE}

{ANTRX4TOGGLE}

These macros can be used to switch between antenna ports and toggle the receive antenna input on some radios when the program is not transmitting. Some radio models have multiple inputs but lack the CI-V command to control the port so the functionality of these macros is radio dependent. When the {ANTRX#TOGGLE} macro is executed, the numbered antenna port is selected. If the same antenna port macro executed again and the radio is equipped, the receive antenna will be toggled on and off with each macro execution. If the antenna port is switched to another port, the current setting of the RX antenna is stored and used when this antenna is selected again. If only one radio antenna port is used it is only necessary to assign that {ANTRX#TOGGLE} macro to a F-key to toggle the RX antenna on/off quickly.

Supported radios: Yaesu FT950, FTDX9000, FT2000 Icom: IC746, IC746Pro, IC756, IC756Pro, IC756Pro2, IC756Pro3, IC775, IC7700, IC7800 and Elecraft K3, TenTec Orion, Kenwood TS2000, Kenwood TS-590S

 

 

 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mirko ?ibilja
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 4:10 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] Toogle between TX and RX antenna #n1mm

 

I'm not sure, probably it is radio related...

 

Alles Gute, 73

 

Mirko, S57AD

 

V V sre., 10. apr. 2019 ob 12:15 je oseba Olaf - DK5OS via Groups.Io <dk5os=yahoo.de@groups.io> napisala:

Hello Mirko and John,

Thank you for that information. I will try to get the macro up and running.


Maybe the {ANTRX#TOGGLE} macro do the trick. I'll try it.

73 de Olaf - DK5OS


 

--

Mirko S57AD

Setting Up RTTY with Winkey 3.1

John N0TA
 

I am struggling setting up WinKey 3.1 RTTY in N1MM. I am trying to set it up such that BOTH CW and RTTY are enabled. I would like to have Key1 = CW and PTT2/Key2 = RTTY.
 
In the Config/Winkey screen, I enabled "Use 2nd Output", and was given the choice in Winkey RTTY to use either Key1 or Key2; however, when I chose Key2 and exit the menu, the selection is not saved (so Winkey RTTY is NOT enabled).
 
Any ideas on how to setup both CW and RTTY using a Winkeyer?
Thanks,
  - 73, John, N0TA

Re: Setting Up RTTY with Winkey 3.1

Steve London
 

Wait until next Tuesday's N1MM+ version.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 04/11/2019 11:15 AM, John N0TA wrote:
I am struggling setting up WinKey 3.1 RTTY in N1MM. I am trying to set it up such that BOTH CW and RTTY are enabled. I would like to have Key1 = CW and PTT2/Key2 = RTTY.
In the Config/Winkey screen, I enabled "Use 2nd Output", and was given the choice in Winkey RTTY to use either Key1 or Key2; however, when I chose Key2 and exit the menu, the selection is not saved (so Winkey RTTY is NOT enabled).
Any ideas on how to setup both CW and RTTY using a Winkeyer?
Thanks,
  - 73, John, N0TA

SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

Alan Holdsworth <alanholdsworth@...>
 

Hi Guys/Girls

I am looking at rotators for a new mast that I am erecting later in the year and have been advised that the best rotator to turn a Hexbeam +40m is the SPID RAU.

Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

AlanH g8oo

 

Re: SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

Maciej Muszalski
 

Been using Spid rotators for a while now. Works fine with N1MM+. Since aprox 1997 for Th5DXmk2. 
Very Heavy duty. 
Now i have BIG-RAK and AZ/EL rotator 
http://spid.net.pl/pl/big-rak/  -- for my 7el7bands GXP Antenna
 


On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 1:51 PM Alan Holdsworth <alanholdsworth@...> wrote:

Hi Guys/Girls

I am looking at rotators for a new mast that I am erecting later in the year and have been advised that the best rotator to turn a Hexbeam +40m is the SPID RAU.

Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

AlanH g8oo

 

Re: SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

Pete Smith
 

Alan, don't overlook the Yaesu G1000DXA.  I had one turning a tribander and a 2-element 40m yagi (shortened) for 20 years with no concerns at all.  The controller, though not digital, is digital ready, and I ran mine with the ERC-M interface with my logging software for a number of years.  It's a lot less money than the Alfa SPID - I just bought another for a new QTH.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.
On 4/12/2019 7:50 AM, Alan Holdsworth wrote:

Hi Guys/Girls

I am looking at rotators for a new mast that I am erecting later in the year and have been advised that the best rotator to turn a Hexbeam +40m is the SPID RAU.

Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

AlanH g8oo

 

Re: SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

ki8w
 

We use a Alpha Spid rotator at our club station.  Very easy computer control with N1MM+ using the built in USB port on the controller box.

We love it.

73

Thom KI8W


On 4/12/2019 15:17, Pete Smith wrote:

Alan, don't overlook the Yaesu G1000DXA.  I had one turning a tribander and a 2-element 40m yagi (shortened) for 20 years with no concerns at all.  The controller, though not digital, is digital ready, and I ran mine with the ERC-M interface with my logging software for a number of years.  It's a lot less money than the Alfa SPID - I just bought another for a new QTH.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.
On 4/12/2019 7:50 AM, Alan Holdsworth wrote:

Hi Guys/Girls

I am looking at rotators for a new mast that I am erecting later in the year and have been advised that the best rotator to turn a Hexbeam +40m is the SPID RAU.

Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

AlanH g8oo

 

Re: SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

Alan Holdsworth <alanholdsworth@...>
 

Hi Thom KI8W

 

That great news.

 

Are you able to find out the rotator settings that club use in N1MM+ ?

 

De AlanH g8oo

 

 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ki8w
Sent: 12 April 2019 16:36
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

 

We use a Alpha Spid rotator at our club station.  Very easy computer control with N1MM+ using the built in USB port on the controller box.

We love it.

73

Thom KI8W

 

On 4/12/2019 15:17, Pete Smith wrote:

Alan, don't overlook the Yaesu G1000DXA.  I had one turning a tribander and a 2-element 40m yagi (shortened) for 20 years with no concerns at all.  The controller, though not digital, is digital ready, and I ran mine with the ERC-M interface with my logging software for a number of years.  It's a lot less money than the Alfa SPID - I just bought another for a new QTH.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.

On 4/12/2019 7:50 AM, Alan Holdsworth wrote:

Hi Guys/Girls

I am looking at rotators for a new mast that I am erecting later in the year and have been advised that the best rotator to turn a Hexbeam +40m is the SPID RAU.

Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

AlanH g8oo

 

Contest Super Simulator?

Kent Olsen
 

I am currently sitting in the Contest University at Visalia listening to a presentation by W1SRD. His presentations uses Write Log with Contest Super Simulator. 

Is there a way for N1MM+ to work with CSS? 

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

Re: SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

Marshall, AA0FO
 

I use it at home with SATPC32 and PStROTOR software.  Been running it for a year without any problems.

Marshall, AA0FO 

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019, 11:37 AM Alan Holdsworth <alanholdsworth@...> wrote:

Hi Thom KI8W

 

That great news.

 

Are you able to find out the rotator settings that club use in N1MM+ ?

 

De AlanH g8oo

 

 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ki8w
Sent: 12 April 2019 16:36
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

 

We use a Alpha Spid rotator at our club station.  Very easy computer control with N1MM+ using the built in USB port on the controller box.

We love it.

73

Thom KI8W

 

On 4/12/2019 15:17, Pete Smith wrote:

Alan, don't overlook the Yaesu G1000DXA.  I had one turning a tribander and a 2-element 40m yagi (shortened) for 20 years with no concerns at all.  The controller, though not digital, is digital ready, and I ran mine with the ERC-M interface with my logging software for a number of years.  It's a lot less money than the Alfa SPID - I just bought another for a new QTH.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.

On 4/12/2019 7:50 AM, Alan Holdsworth wrote:

Hi Guys/Girls

I am looking at rotators for a new mast that I am erecting later in the year and have been advised that the best rotator to turn a Hexbeam +40m is the SPID RAU.

Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

AlanH g8oo

 

Re: SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

ki8w
 

AlanH,

We basically found the USB com port that our club laptop was using for that control box, set that up in N1MM+ and it took off and running. I believe we are using Com 5 on that. Any free com port should work fine.

73

Thom KI8W


On 4/12/2019 16:37, Alan Holdsworth wrote:

Hi Thom KI8W

 

That great news.

 

Are you able to find out the rotator settings that club use in N1MM+ ?

 

De AlanH g8oo

 

 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ki8w
Sent: 12 April 2019 16:36
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

 

We use a Alpha Spid rotator at our club station.  Very easy computer control with N1MM+ using the built in USB port on the controller box.

We love it.

73

Thom KI8W

 

On 4/12/2019 15:17, Pete Smith wrote:

Alan, don't overlook the Yaesu G1000DXA.  I had one turning a tribander and a 2-element 40m yagi (shortened) for 20 years with no concerns at all.  The controller, though not digital, is digital ready, and I ran mine with the ERC-M interface with my logging software for a number of years.  It's a lot less money than the Alfa SPID - I just bought another for a new QTH.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.

On 4/12/2019 7:50 AM, Alan Holdsworth wrote:

Hi Guys/Girls

I am looking at rotators for a new mast that I am erecting later in the year and have been advised that the best rotator to turn a Hexbeam +40m is the SPID RAU.

Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

AlanH g8oo

 

DXLab Gateway ?

Martin Sole
 

Hi,

N1MM+ 1.0.7610.0

So after a move around, computer changes and various other station mods I'm having  problem with auto lookups. I'm using DXLabs DXKeeper for my primary log and usually just import N1MM+ log files to DXKeeper at the end of the contest. I have previously played with the DXKeeper gateway and ran into the same problem but whatever the fix was I've forgotten it and can't find it on the DXLab mailing list or here.

I have the DXKeeper gateway installed and logging contacts with the ENTER key is working fine. The DXLAbs help page says:

In N1MM+ version 7336 or later, typing a callsign and striking the Tab key or Space bar will direct DXView and Pathfinder to perform "lookup" operations, if they are running. If the Gateway's Lookup previous QSOs box is checked, DXKeeper will also be directed to display all previous QSOs with the newly-logged callsign.

This is the bit that is not working.

Looking in the configurer broadcst data tab I see that External Callsign Lookup is not checked, nor can it be checked. The checkbox does not respond.

So what do I need to do to fix getting TAB and SPACE to send a callsign lookup to another application?

Thanks
Martin, HS0ZED

Re: DXLab Gateway ?

Andy (KU7T)
 

Martin,

In order to enable the external lookup, you must change you N1MM+ contest category to one that allows assistance.

73
Andy
KU7T


From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Martin Sole <hs0zed@...>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 7:42:55 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] DXLab Gateway ?
 
Hi,

N1MM+ 1.0.7610.0

So after a move around, computer changes and various other station mods I'm having  problem with auto lookups. I'm using DXLabs DXKeeper for my primary log and usually just import N1MM+ log files to DXKeeper at the end of the contest. I have previously played with the DXKeeper gateway and ran into the same problem but whatever the fix was I've forgotten it and can't find it on the DXLab mailing list or here.

I have the DXKeeper gateway installed and logging contacts with the ENTER key is working fine. The DXLAbs help page says:

In N1MM+ version 7336 or later, typing a callsign and striking the Tab key or Space bar will direct DXView and Pathfinder to perform "lookup" operations, if they are running. If the Gateway's Lookup previous QSOs box is checked, DXKeeper will also be directed to display all previous QSOs with the newly-logged callsign.

This is the bit that is not working.

Looking in the configurer broadcst data tab I see that External Callsign Lookup is not checked, nor can it be checked. The checkbox does not respond.

So what do I need to do to fix getting TAB and SPACE to send a callsign lookup to another application?

Thanks
Martin, HS0ZED

Re: DXLab Gateway ?

Martin Sole
 

Andy,

Many thanks, indeed it was the superior anti cheating algorithm that caused the missing checkbox :) Marvelous stuff, normal service is now resumed.

Regards
Martin, HS0ZED


On 13/04/2019 10:51, Andy (KU7T) wrote:
Martin,

In order to enable the external lookup, you must change you N1MM+ contest category to one that allows assistance.

73
Andy
KU7T


From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Martin Sole <hs0zed@...>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 7:42:55 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MMLoggerPlus] DXLab Gateway ?
 
Hi,

N1MM+ 1.0.7610.0

So after a move around, computer changes and various other station mods I'm having  problem with auto lookups. I'm using DXLabs DXKeeper for my primary log and usually just import N1MM+ log files to DXKeeper at the end of the contest. I have previously played with the DXKeeper gateway and ran into the same problem but whatever the fix was I've forgotten it and can't find it on the DXLab mailing list or here.

I have the DXKeeper gateway installed and logging contacts with the ENTER key is working fine. The DXLAbs help page says:

In N1MM+ version 7336 or later, typing a callsign and striking the Tab key or Space bar will direct DXView and Pathfinder to perform "lookup" operations, if they are running. If the Gateway's Lookup previous QSOs box is checked, DXKeeper will also be directed to display all previous QSOs with the newly-logged callsign.

This is the bit that is not working.

Looking in the configurer broadcst data tab I see that External Callsign Lookup is not checked, nor can it be checked. The checkbox does not respond.

So what do I need to do to fix getting TAB and SPACE to send a callsign lookup to another application?

Thanks
Martin, HS0ZED

Re: SPID RAU. Has anyone got any experience of this rotator and is it compatible with N1MM+?

Alan Holdsworth <alanholdsworth@...>
 

Tnx fer reply

 

In N1MM+ there are 12 pre-settings in the rotator controller section listed below.

 

What I need to know is which one works faultlessly with the SPID RAU controller using the USB port/cable?

 

1.   RT-21

2. M2 Orion

3. Prosistel

4. AlfaSpud

5. Yaesu

6. RC280P-A

7. Rotor-EZ

8. AlfaSpud ROT2

9. Prosistel C

10.   Prosistel D

11.    RC2800PX

12.   DCU

 

De AlanH g8oo

Re: rtty fldigi Pseudo FSK issue

iz1fks
 
Edited

I have updated to fldigi 4.1.02 and the situation is different and improving but still not okay.

my setup:
IC756PRO2
N1MM last release 1.0.7610
FLDIGI last release 4.1.02

Setting the radio in rtty mode the waterfall frequency is now reversed as per LSB.

The problem now is that in n1mm fldigi cannot recognise difference between radio mode LSB or RTTY.

Using fldigi as a standalone software there is a difference in waterfall frequencies displayed over the waterfall since in LSB the radio dial frequency is the frequency of the ssb suppressed carrier, instead when in rtty mode the dial frequency is the mark frequency setting in the waterfall in the middle of the passband filter. I have attached two screenshot in both LSB and RTTY mode.

When using n1mm the fldigi displayed  frequencies over the waterfall don't change if the radio is set to LSB or RTTY. The rtty mode with DIAL FREQ=MARK FREQ seems not to be recognised in the right way, so when doing an alignment (i'm using pseudoFSK so this is a must) the frequency on the dial and on the frequency scale over the waterfall don't match (screenshot attached).
hope this helps,thanks for support
73 de Phil, iz1fks

OK-OM DX Contest

Hunter - K3IE
 

Latest Ver N1MM+ not allowing me to enter contacts outside of OK-OM but the rules state I can.  There is only one OKOM Contest selection so not sure what I am doing wrong. Went to log 9A7C this morning on 20 mtr SSB and program won't allow me.  Have I missed something?

- Hunter K3IE

Re: rtty fldigi Pseudo FSK issue

Rick Ellison
 

This is all taken care of in the next release. Over the last week I have been working Dave W1HKJ to get the issue corrected in both Fldigi and N1MM.

 

73 Rick N2AMG

 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of iz1fks
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:17 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MMLoggerPlus] rtty fldigi Pseudo FSK issue

 

I have updated to fldigi 4.1.02 and the situation is different and improving but still not okay.

Setting the radio in rtty mode the waterfall frequency is now reversed as per LSB.

The problem now is that in n1mm fldigi cannot recognise difference between radio mode LSB or RTTY.

Using fldigi as a standalone software there is a difference in waterfall frequencies displayed over the waterfall since in LSB the radio dial frequency is the frequency of the ssb suppressed carrier, instead when in rtty mode the dial frequency is the mark frequency setting in the waterfall in the middle of the passband filter. I have attached two screenshot in both LSB and RTTY mode.

When using n1mm the fldigi displayed  frequencies over the waterfall don't change if the radio is set to LSB or RTTY. The rtty mode with DIAL FREQ=MARK FREQ seems not to be recognised in the right way, so when doing an alignment (i'm using pseudoFSK so this is a must) the frequency on the dial and on the frequency scale over the waterfall don't match (screenshot attached).
hope this helps,thanks for support
73 de Phil, iz1fks


Virus-free. www.avast.com

Re: OK-OM DX Contest

Dave N3RD
 

Hunter,

I went back to last year's version of N1MM+ just before the OKOMDX Contest, and it is working properly, allowing Worldwide QSOs.

Sometime between now and then, a bug crept into the OKOMDX contest module.

73 - Dave N3RD

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 9:33 AM Hunter Mills via Groups.Io <k3ie77=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Latest Ver N1MM+ not allowing me to enter contacts outside of OK-OM but the rules state I can.  There is only one OKOM Contest selection so not sure what I am doing wrong. Went to log 9A7C this morning on 20 mtr SSB and program won't allow me.  Have I missed something?

- Hunter K3IE

Re: rtty fldigi Pseudo FSK issue

iz1fks
 

thank you!
73 Phil