Date   
Re: Win 10/64 Sound card levels too high

Peter Dougherty
 

I can't seem to find a way to do this. When I try it brings up a Windows box that doesn't offer any level controls.

---------
73 - Go FRC!

Re: Win 10/65 Sound card levels too high

Ed K1EP
 

Set the levels from with N1MM+, not through Windows


On Fri, Oct 25, 2019, 19:51 Peter Dougherty <lists@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Having a bit of a problem setting up playback levels for .wav files using N1MM+ version 1.0.977, Windows 10/64 and an Elecraft K3s. I am using a USB connection to the radio and in setting up the levels for playback in Windows, the slider won't reset to a different value. At the moment it's set to 28, which is a bit too hot for the radio. I can move the slider to whatever value I want, but when I press OK it resets to 28. Am I missing something here? My live audio is fine via the mic control on the radio but I can't find a way to drop the .wav file playback levels from the computer.

Thanks in advance. 

---------
73 - Go FRC!

Win 10/65 Sound card levels too high

Peter Dougherty
 

Hi all,

Having a bit of a problem setting up playback levels for .wav files using N1MM+ version 1.0.977, Windows 10/64 and an Elecraft K3s. I am using a USB connection to the radio and in setting up the levels for playback in Windows, the slider won't reset to a different value. At the moment it's set to 28, which is a bit too hot for the radio. I can move the slider to whatever value I want, but when I press OK it resets to 28. Am I missing something here? My live audio is fine via the mic control on the radio but I can't find a way to drop the .wav file playback levels from the computer.

Thanks in advance. 

---------
73 - Go FRC!

,MC FILES

George Steube
 

N1mm+ no longer is setting up the .mc files macros on my system for the selected contest (in this case CQ WW SSB).?? Where are the contest .mc files stored on the N1MM+ web site??? Thanks
73, George
W2GS

Re: Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Jim W7RY
 

Working clusters are missing from this list.


Thanks
73
Jim W7RY
On 10/25/2019 1:51 PM, Michael Walker wrote:

Update  number 3.

Over the past few hours, I got an education on the n1mm published list and I don't want to get in the way of any current process.  

I had a chance to run through the entire list on the N1MM site and these sites did respond to a connection and  a 'login:' prompt.   This allows you to update your list for the contest this weekend.   I wanted to thank VA3CIR for writing the script to do this.

You can copy this into a text file and import it into N1MM as you wish.

Mike va3mw


6L0NJ,DXC.DX.OR.KR:23
7N4TWL,7N4TWL.HOMEIP.NET:8000
9A0DXC,9A0DXC.HAMRADIO.HR:8000
9M2PJU,9M2PJU.HAMRADIO.MY:7300
AE5E-1,DXSPOTS.COM:23
AI9T,DXC.AI9T.COM:7300
AI9T-2,DXC.AI9T.COM:7373
CE4UYP,146.83.196.31:9000
CS5SEL-5,HAMRADIO.ISEL.IPL.PT:41112
CX2SA-6,CX2SA.NET:9000
DB0ERF,DB0ERF.DE:41113
DB0ERF-5,WWW.DB0ERF.DE:41113
DB0LJ-6,DX.PRGM.ORG:41112
DB0SPC-7,DB0SPC.ATH.CX:8000
DB0SUE-7,DB0SUE.DE:8000
EA4RCH-5,EA4RCH.DXFUN.COM:8000
EA5URM,EA5URM.DNS2GO.COM:7000
EA5URM-5,EA5URM.DNS2GO.COM:7000
EA7URM-5,DX.EA7URM.ORG:8000
ED1ZAC-5,DX.ED1ZAC.NET:8000
EI7MRE,MAYODX.ATH.CX:7300
EI7SDX,SHANDX.ATH.CX:5000
F1OYP-6,F1OYP.NO-IP.ORG:7400
F1OYP-8,F1OYP.NO-IP.ORG:7373
F5MZN-3,F5MZN.ORG:9000
F6KBK,F6GCP-PAT.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
F6KBK-3,F6GCP-PAT.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
GB7BAA,GB7BAA.COM:7300
GB7DJK,GB7DJK.DXCLUSTER.NET:7300
GB7DXG,GB7DXG.LEBS.ORG.UK:7300
GB7DXS,81.149.0.149:7300
GB7MBC,GB7MBC.SPOO.ORG:8000
GB7MBC,WWW.GB7MBC.NET:8000
HB9ON-9,WWW.HB9ON.ORG:8000
HG8PRC,HG8LXL.HAM.HU:8000
HS0ZER,HS0ZER.NO-IP.COM:9000
HS0ZER-15,HS0ZER.NO-IP.COM:9000
I0INU,I0INU.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
I0INU-6,I0INU.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
I3ITX-6,CLUSTER.FUTURISTIC.IT:8000
IK4ICZ,IK4ICZ.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IK4ICZ-6,IK4ICZ.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IK8HJC,IK8HJC.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IK8HJC-6,IK8HJC.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IQ0LT-6,IQ0LT.NET:7300
IQ1GP-6,CLUSTER.ARI-RIVAROLO.ORG:7000
IQ2LB-6,DX.ARILIMBIATE.IT:7300
IR4U-6,IR4U.ARICESENA.IT:8000
IT9OBK,IT9OBK.ORG:41112
IT9OBK-6,IT9OBK.ORG:41112
IW0QNL-6,IW0QNLSERVER.NS0.IT:9002
IW2EVH-6,1972.DYNDNS.TV:7300
IW5ECF,HAM.HOMELINUX.ORG:8000
IW5ECF-6,HAM.HOMELINUX.ORG:8000
IZ0FKE,CLX.NOANTRI.ORG:23
IZ3MEZ-8,CLUSTER.IZ3MEZ.IT:8000
IZ7AUH,DX.IZ7AUH.NET:8000
IZ7AUH-6,DX.IZ7AUH.NET:8000
JA2YYF,JA2YYF.D2G.COM:23
JA2YYF-9,DXCLUSTER.JP:7300
JE3YEK,JA3YAQ.AMPR.ORG:9000
JH1RFM,JH1RFM.DDO.JP:7300
JH1RFM-9,JH1RFM.DDO.JP:7300
JI1MNT-8,DX-CLUSTER.COM:8877
K1EU,K1EU.DYNIP.COM:23
K1TTT,K1TTT.NET:7373
K3LR,DX.K3LR.COM:23
K4JW,K4JW.NO-IP.COM:41414
K4MD,K4MD.NO-IP.COM:7373
K4ZR,K4ZR.NO-IP.ORG:7300
K6SY,K6SY.WEMS.COM:7300
K7TJ-1,K7TJ.EWARG.ORG:7300
K8AZ,K8AZ.NO-IP.COM:23
K9AJ,DXC.K9AJ.NET:23
KB2SYD-5,DX.SCARCNJ.ORG:7300
KC9AOP-1,DXSPOTS.KC9AOP.NET:7300
KN2M,KN2M.D2G.COM:23
KQ8M,KQ8M.NO-IP.ORG:7373
KQ8M-2,KQ8M.NO-IP.ORG:7374
LU9DA-6,LU9DA.NO-IP.ORG:9000
N0CDA,N0CDA.HOMEDNS.ORG:7300
N0VD,CLUSTER.DX-CENTRAL.COM:23
N0VD-7,CLUSTER.DXCENTRAL.COM:23
N2KI,DXC.N2KI.COM:7300
N4VFF-2,DX.HARWOOD.COM:8000
N4ZKF-1,CCC.N4ZKF.COM:7373
N6WS-2,N6WS.NO-IP.ORG:7302
N6WS-6,N6WS.NO-IP.ORG:7300
N7OD,N7OD.PENTUX.NET:23
N7TR-1,DXC.N7TR.COM:7373
N9BC-2,DXC.N9BC.COM:7300
N9JR,DX.N9JR.COM:7300
NC7J,DXC.NC7J.COM:23
NC7J-1,DXC.NC7J.COM:7373
NX9G,DXC.F2F.US:7300
OE1XHQ,DXCLUSTER.OEVSV.AT:41112
OH1RCF,OH1AB.DY.FI:8000
OH2J,HAM.CONNECT.FI:7300
OK0DXI,OK0DXI.NAGANO.CZ:41112
OK0DXI,RADIO.NAGANO.CZ:41112
OK0DXU,OK0NTU.AMPR.CZ:7373
ON0DXK,193.191.136.222:8000
ON0DXK-5,ON0DXK.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
OP0P,OP0P.NO-IP.ORG:8000
OZ5BBS-7,OZ5BBS.NO-IP.ORG:8000
PA1RBZ,PA1RBZ.DYNDNS.ORG:9000
PE1ITR-8,DXC.PE1ITR.COM:7300
PI4CC,DXC.PI4CC.NL:8000
PY3NZ-8,DXC.BAEPENDI.COM.BR:8000
RW3XA,DX.OBNINSK.ORG:41112
RW3XA-8,DX.OBNINSK.ORG:8000
S50DXS,S50DXS.ODS.ORG:8000
SM4ONW,CLUSTER.SK4BW.NET:8000
SM4ONW-14,CLUSTER.SK4BW.NET:8000
SM6HOC,SM6HOC.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
SM6HOC-6,SM6HOC.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
SM6YOU,SECTOR7.NU:8000
SM6YOU-2,SECTOR7.NU:8000
SM7GVF,SM7GVF.DYNDNS.ORG:3692
SM7GVF-6,SM7GVF.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
SR4DXC,SR4DXC.JESTOK.COM:9000
SR9ZAA,195.150.236.250:9000
SR9ZAA-12,195.150.236.250:9000
SV2HRT-1,SV2HRT.ATH.CX:7300
VA3MW,VA3MW.HOMEIP.NET:41112
VA3MW-7,VA3MW.DXCLUSTER.ORG:41112
VE1CFB,SPARC.NO-IP.INFO:7300
VE2PKT,VE2PKT.DYNDNS.ORG:9000
VE2PKT-9,VE2PKT.DYNDNS.ORG:9000
VE3CGR,VE3CGR.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
VE3CGR-5,VE3CGR.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
VE3EY,DX.FIREROUTE.COM:23
VE3EY-7,DX.FIREROUTE.COM:23
VE3ZIN-2,DXC.VE3ZIN.COM:7300
VE6AAA,DXC.VE7CC.NET:7373
VE6DXC,DXC.MIDDLEBROOK.CA:8000
VE6TN,DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA:23
VE6TN-7,DXC.MIDDLEBROOK.CA:23
VE7CC,DXC.VE7CC.NET:23
VE7CC-1,VE7CC.NET:23
VE9EMO-9,VE9EMO.GNB.CA:23
VE9SC,VE9SC.NO-IP.ORG:6300
W1AAA,DXUSA.NET:7300
W1NR,DXC.W1NR.NET:23
W1NR,DXC.W1NR.NET:7300
W3LPL,W3LPL.NET:7373
W4DXA,W3GQ.NO-IP.COM:23
W4QB,K4ZR.NO-IP.ORG:7300
W6KK,W6KK.ZAPTO.ORG:7300
W6RFU,UCSBDX.ECE.UCSB.EDU:7300
W6RK-2,CH.W6RK.COM:7300
W8WTS-1,DXC.W8WTS.NET:23
W8WTS-3,DXC.W8WTS.NET:7373
W9PA,DXC.W9PA.NET:7373
WB3FFV-2,DXC.LEADMON.NET:7300
WB4QOJ-8,WB4QOJ.NO-IP.ORG:7373
WC2L,DXC.WC2L.COM:23
WC2L-1,DXC.WC2L.COM:7373
WD1L,DXC.WD1L.NET:7300
WD4IXD,DXC.WD4IXD.NET:23
WR3D,WR3D.DXCLUSTER.NET:7300
WT3Q,WT3Q.GOFRC.ORG:7300
WW1R-9,DXC.WW1R.COM:7300
XQ8FGC-10,XQ8FGC.CX2SA.NET:9000
ZL2AQY-10,OLSON.NET.NZ:9000
FLOOD,174.81.218.124:7373
HB9DCO-1,kh6am.no-ip.org:7550  

Re: Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Jim W7RY
 

Working clusters are missing from this list.


Thanks
73
Jim W7RY
On 10/25/2019 9:33 AM, Larry K8UT wrote:

Mike,

THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email attach)

And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25" download file.

While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"

Thanks again,

-larry K8UT
------ Original Message ------
From: "Michael Walker" <va3mw@...>
Sent: 2019-10-25 10:15:23
Subject: [N1MM+] Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Hi All

I took an hour this morning and tested ALL the USA and Canada dx clusters.  I did not test any cluster outside of NA.  Maybe someone else can do that.

This is what works:


If you want to fix this.

  1. Copy the above  list and place it in a text file somewhere you can find 
  2. Open up N1MM and go into the Telnet screen.
  3. Edit Telnet List
  4. Highlight all the entries by holding the left button on the mouse and dragging down to the bottom so they are all in blue.
  5. Hit the delete key and that will delete all your cluster entries.  This will clean out the entire list.  You can keep the ones you like if you know the work
  6. Now, File/Import and select the file you saved in step 1
You now have a very clean and workable list.

Mike va3mw

Re: Telenet setup

ve3ki
 

The fact that you found this suggests that you are in networked-computer mode. If you are only using one computer in the contest, you probably should not be in networked-computer mode, and if you are not in networked-computer mode, this step is both unavailable and immaterial. If you do have multiple computers networked, then only one of those computers should be designated as Master and connected to a cluster node. That computer then acts as a spot server to the other computers on the network.

73,
Rich VE3KI


On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 03:10 PM, Robin Amundson wrote:
If you are unable to connect you may be missing one simple but important step:
 
1. Window tab-->Network status-->Stations tab: Now check the Master box to make your computer a Master. 
 
I hope this does the trick for you.
 
73,
Robin, WA7CPA

Re: Potential Logging Issues For 2019 CW WW DX SSB Contest

Ted Bryant
 

Hi Pete,

 

Got the same message when I tried it, too. But I put in a random call of VK9OX which it wanted to log as Norfolk Island. So I tried  the “Add call to country” tool to tell it that this was the same as VK9X Christmas Island, got the error message but put in “VK9X” anyway and it took it.  It then showed VK9OX as Christmas Island.  Hmm…  Maybe the development team can take a look at that message after the contest.

 

73, Ted W4NZ

 

 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Pete Smith
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 12:54 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Potential Logging Issues For 2019 CW WW DX SSB Contest

 

Hi Ted.  I had forgotten all about that feature, which seems like it would be fine during the QSO.  Do you know any way to fix it once the QSO has been logged?

I just tried to run that tool (Add Call to Country) with a hypothetical VP8 callsign and got the following error:

What to do???

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.

On 10/25/2019 12:12 PM, Ted Bryant wrote:

Tom,

 

Have you tried using the “Add Call to Country” feature under the Tools menu in the Entry window?

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/entry-window/#tools-menu-selections

 

Add call to country – Specify a country for the call-sign in the call-sign textbox in the Entry window. If no call-sign is entered this menu item will be grayed out. This is a quick way during the heat of a contest to add a country temporarily, until the next time you import wl_cty.dat. Making changes permanent requires editing the country file (wl_cty.dat) to be imported.

 

73, Ted W4NZ

 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Owens via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 11:18 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Potential Logging Issues For 2019 CW WW DX SSB Contest

 

Pete and John,

Thanks for the input.

Pete, I am using the current  WL-Cty.dat file.  It was installed today.  And the issues still persist.

John, we too change the zone to what we copy BEFORE logging the contact.  Yes, I can change the zone in the Edit Contact window but that does not change the country.  For example, I just logged VK9OOO.  That call could be in zone 29, 30 or 32.  The program logged it as zone 32, Norfolk --- which is correct BUT that call could have been in zone 29 or 30.  For kicks, I went into the Edit Contact window (it is not possible to change the country prefix there as it is grayed out).  I changed the zone there to zone  but the Countries window still show the contact VK9N.  If the zone change took, which it did, the country should have changes to KL7.

The problems occurs in two different ways.  One, there are more than one country in the same zone.  Two, the country can be in one or more zone - HK0 can be ether zone 7 or 9.  The program defaults to zone 7 - HK0A.  Changing the zone to 9 does NOT change the country to HK0M in either the Edit Contact window of the Countries worked window.

If either of you would like to call me I can be reached by phone at 206 935-0457.  I can walk you through the procedure to correctly identify the correct zones and countries.

Tom, K7RI
206 935-0457

Re: Airspy HF+/Spectrum Display/Receive Antenna

Joe Subich, W4TV
 

That suggests that I either have to choose one or the other or
cascade splitters and accept the 6+ dB of loss. Am I missing something?
1) A 2 port splitter is 3 dB not six.

2) there should be no need to cascade spliters:

ANT OUT --> Splitter --> RX ANT Switch -> ANT IN
| |
| +--< RX ANT 1
HF+ Ant In <----+ +--< RX ANT ..
+--< RX ANT N

Note: the spectrum display is always connected to the TX antenna.
RX Antenna switch can be 2 ... n position with position 1 being
the transmit antenna, positions 2-n representing the number of
physical antenna inputs (loop, K9AY, Beverage, BSEF, etc.).

More complex switching can be utilized to provide separate antenna
feeds to the K3 RX ANT IN (Main RX) an AUX jack (Sub RX) for
diversity with separate RX Antennas if one has a K3/K3S with
second receiver.

73,

... Joe, W4TV


On 2019-10-25 10:59 AM, Pete Smith wrote:
I would like to be able to use a receiving antenna on my K3 while also using the spectrum display of N1MM+.  I assume from the manual's discussion of using the HF+ that it *must* be used on the Ant Out/Ant In loop of my K3.  That suggests that I either have to choose one or the other or cascade splitters and accept the 6+ dB of loss.  Am I missing something?
--
73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at<http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

Re: Telenet setup

Robin Amundson
 

If you are unable to connect you may be missing one simple but important step:

1. Window tab-->Network status-->Stations tab: Now check the Master box to make your computer a Master. 

I hope this does the trick for you.

73,
Robin, WA7CPA

Re: Potential Logging Issues For 2019 CW WW DX SSB Contest

Chuck Dietz
 

If you log the correct zone that is being sent, the correct country will be used in the log checking. 

Chuck W5PR

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 11:53 AM Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

Hi Ted.  I had forgotten all about that feature, which seems like it would be fine during the QSO.  Do you know any way to fix it once the QSO has been logged?

I just tried to run that tool (Add Call to Country) with a hypothetical VP8 callsign and got the following error:

What to do???

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/25/2019 12:12 PM, Ted Bryant wrote:

Tom,

 

Have you tried using the “Add Call to Country” feature under the Tools menu in the Entry window?

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/entry-window/#tools-menu-selections

 

Add call to country – Specify a country for the call-sign in the call-sign textbox in the Entry window. If no call-sign is entered this menu item will be grayed out. This is a quick way during the heat of a contest to add a country temporarily, until the next time you import wl_cty.dat. Making changes permanent requires editing the country file (wl_cty.dat) to be imported.

 

73, Ted W4NZ

 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Owens via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 11:18 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Potential Logging Issues For 2019 CW WW DX SSB Contest

 

Pete and John,

Thanks for the input.

Pete, I am using the current  WL-Cty.dat file.  It was installed today.  And the issues still persist.

John, we too change the zone to what we copy BEFORE logging the contact.  Yes, I can change the zone in the Edit Contact window but that does not change the country.  For example, I just logged VK9OOO.  That call could be in zone 29, 30 or 32.  The program logged it as zone 32, Norfolk --- which is correct BUT that call could have been in zone 29 or 30.  For kicks, I went into the Edit Contact window (it is not possible to change the country prefix there as it is grayed out).  I changed the zone there to zone  but the Countries window still show the contact VK9N.  If the zone change took, which it did, the country should have changes to KL7.

The problems occurs in two different ways.  One, there are more than one country in the same zone.  Two, the country can be in one or more zone - HK0 can be ether zone 7 or 9.  The program defaults to zone 7 - HK0A.  Changing the zone to 9 does NOT change the country to HK0M in either the Edit Contact window of the Countries worked window.

If either of you would like to call me I can be reached by phone at 206 935-0457.  I can walk you through the procedure to correctly identify the correct zones and countries.

Tom, K7RI
206 935-0457

Re: Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Michael Walker
 

Update  number 3.

Over the past few hours, I got an education on the n1mm published list and I don't want to get in the way of any current process.  

I had a chance to run through the entire list on the N1MM site and these sites did respond to a connection and  a 'login:' prompt.   This allows you to update your list for the contest this weekend.   I wanted to thank VA3CIR for writing the script to do this.

You can copy this into a text file and import it into N1MM as you wish.

Mike va3mw


6L0NJ,DXC.DX.OR.KR:23
7N4TWL,7N4TWL.HOMEIP.NET:8000
9A0DXC,9A0DXC.HAMRADIO.HR:8000
9M2PJU,9M2PJU.HAMRADIO.MY:7300
AE5E-1,DXSPOTS.COM:23
AI9T,DXC.AI9T.COM:7300
AI9T-2,DXC.AI9T.COM:7373
CE4UYP,146.83.196.31:9000
CS5SEL-5,HAMRADIO.ISEL.IPL.PT:41112
CX2SA-6,CX2SA.NET:9000
DB0ERF,DB0ERF.DE:41113
DB0ERF-5,WWW.DB0ERF.DE:41113
DB0LJ-6,DX.PRGM.ORG:41112
DB0SPC-7,DB0SPC.ATH.CX:8000
DB0SUE-7,DB0SUE.DE:8000
EA4RCH-5,EA4RCH.DXFUN.COM:8000
EA5URM,EA5URM.DNS2GO.COM:7000
EA5URM-5,EA5URM.DNS2GO.COM:7000
EA7URM-5,DX.EA7URM.ORG:8000
ED1ZAC-5,DX.ED1ZAC.NET:8000
EI7MRE,MAYODX.ATH.CX:7300
EI7SDX,SHANDX.ATH.CX:5000
F1OYP-6,F1OYP.NO-IP.ORG:7400
F1OYP-8,F1OYP.NO-IP.ORG:7373
F5MZN-3,F5MZN.ORG:9000
F6KBK,F6GCP-PAT.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
F6KBK-3,F6GCP-PAT.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
GB7BAA,GB7BAA.COM:7300
GB7DJK,GB7DJK.DXCLUSTER.NET:7300
GB7DXG,GB7DXG.LEBS.ORG.UK:7300
GB7DXS,81.149.0.149:7300
GB7MBC,GB7MBC.SPOO.ORG:8000
GB7MBC,WWW.GB7MBC.NET:8000
HB9ON-9,WWW.HB9ON.ORG:8000
HG8PRC,HG8LXL.HAM.HU:8000
HS0ZER,HS0ZER.NO-IP.COM:9000
HS0ZER-15,HS0ZER.NO-IP.COM:9000
I0INU,I0INU.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
I0INU-6,I0INU.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
I3ITX-6,CLUSTER.FUTURISTIC.IT:8000
IK4ICZ,IK4ICZ.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IK4ICZ-6,IK4ICZ.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IK8HJC,IK8HJC.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IK8HJC-6,IK8HJC.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
IQ0LT-6,IQ0LT.NET:7300
IQ1GP-6,CLUSTER.ARI-RIVAROLO.ORG:7000
IQ2LB-6,DX.ARILIMBIATE.IT:7300
IR4U-6,IR4U.ARICESENA.IT:8000
IT9OBK,IT9OBK.ORG:41112
IT9OBK-6,IT9OBK.ORG:41112
IW0QNL-6,IW0QNLSERVER.NS0.IT:9002
IW2EVH-6,1972.DYNDNS.TV:7300
IW5ECF,HAM.HOMELINUX.ORG:8000
IW5ECF-6,HAM.HOMELINUX.ORG:8000
IZ0FKE,CLX.NOANTRI.ORG:23
IZ3MEZ-8,CLUSTER.IZ3MEZ.IT:8000
IZ7AUH,DX.IZ7AUH.NET:8000
IZ7AUH-6,DX.IZ7AUH.NET:8000
JA2YYF,JA2YYF.D2G.COM:23
JA2YYF-9,DXCLUSTER.JP:7300
JE3YEK,JA3YAQ.AMPR.ORG:9000
JH1RFM,JH1RFM.DDO.JP:7300
JH1RFM-9,JH1RFM.DDO.JP:7300
JI1MNT-8,DX-CLUSTER.COM:8877
K1EU,K1EU.DYNIP.COM:23
K1TTT,K1TTT.NET:7373
K3LR,DX.K3LR.COM:23
K4JW,K4JW.NO-IP.COM:41414
K4MD,K4MD.NO-IP.COM:7373
K4ZR,K4ZR.NO-IP.ORG:7300
K6SY,K6SY.WEMS.COM:7300
K7TJ-1,K7TJ.EWARG.ORG:7300
K8AZ,K8AZ.NO-IP.COM:23
K9AJ,DXC.K9AJ.NET:23
KB2SYD-5,DX.SCARCNJ.ORG:7300
KC9AOP-1,DXSPOTS.KC9AOP.NET:7300
KN2M,KN2M.D2G.COM:23
KQ8M,KQ8M.NO-IP.ORG:7373
KQ8M-2,KQ8M.NO-IP.ORG:7374
LU9DA-6,LU9DA.NO-IP.ORG:9000
N0CDA,N0CDA.HOMEDNS.ORG:7300
N0VD,CLUSTER.DX-CENTRAL.COM:23
N0VD-7,CLUSTER.DXCENTRAL.COM:23
N2KI,DXC.N2KI.COM:7300
N4VFF-2,DX.HARWOOD.COM:8000
N4ZKF-1,CCC.N4ZKF.COM:7373
N6WS-2,N6WS.NO-IP.ORG:7302
N6WS-6,N6WS.NO-IP.ORG:7300
N7OD,N7OD.PENTUX.NET:23
N7TR-1,DXC.N7TR.COM:7373
N9BC-2,DXC.N9BC.COM:7300
N9JR,DX.N9JR.COM:7300
NC7J,DXC.NC7J.COM:23
NC7J-1,DXC.NC7J.COM:7373
NX9G,DXC.F2F.US:7300
OE1XHQ,DXCLUSTER.OEVSV.AT:41112
OH1RCF,OH1AB.DY.FI:8000
OH2J,HAM.CONNECT.FI:7300
OK0DXI,OK0DXI.NAGANO.CZ:41112
OK0DXI,RADIO.NAGANO.CZ:41112
OK0DXU,OK0NTU.AMPR.CZ:7373
ON0DXK,193.191.136.222:8000
ON0DXK-5,ON0DXK.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
OP0P,OP0P.NO-IP.ORG:8000
OZ5BBS-7,OZ5BBS.NO-IP.ORG:8000
PA1RBZ,PA1RBZ.DYNDNS.ORG:9000
PE1ITR-8,DXC.PE1ITR.COM:7300
PI4CC,DXC.PI4CC.NL:8000
PY3NZ-8,DXC.BAEPENDI.COM.BR:8000
RW3XA,DX.OBNINSK.ORG:41112
RW3XA-8,DX.OBNINSK.ORG:8000
S50DXS,S50DXS.ODS.ORG:8000
SM4ONW,CLUSTER.SK4BW.NET:8000
SM4ONW-14,CLUSTER.SK4BW.NET:8000
SM6HOC,SM6HOC.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
SM6HOC-6,SM6HOC.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
SM6YOU,SECTOR7.NU:8000
SM6YOU-2,SECTOR7.NU:8000
SM7GVF,SM7GVF.DYNDNS.ORG:3692
SM7GVF-6,SM7GVF.DYNDNS.ORG:8000
SR4DXC,SR4DXC.JESTOK.COM:9000
SR9ZAA,195.150.236.250:9000
SR9ZAA-12,195.150.236.250:9000
SV2HRT-1,SV2HRT.ATH.CX:7300
VA3MW,VA3MW.HOMEIP.NET:41112
VA3MW-7,VA3MW.DXCLUSTER.ORG:41112
VE1CFB,SPARC.NO-IP.INFO:7300
VE2PKT,VE2PKT.DYNDNS.ORG:9000
VE2PKT-9,VE2PKT.DYNDNS.ORG:9000
VE3CGR,VE3CGR.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
VE3CGR-5,VE3CGR.DYNDNS.ORG:7300
VE3EY,DX.FIREROUTE.COM:23
VE3EY-7,DX.FIREROUTE.COM:23
VE3ZIN-2,DXC.VE3ZIN.COM:7300
VE6AAA,DXC.VE7CC.NET:7373
VE6DXC,DXC.MIDDLEBROOK.CA:8000
VE6TN,DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA:23
VE6TN-7,DXC.MIDDLEBROOK.CA:23
VE7CC,DXC.VE7CC.NET:23
VE7CC-1,VE7CC.NET:23
VE9EMO-9,VE9EMO.GNB.CA:23
VE9SC,VE9SC.NO-IP.ORG:6300
W1AAA,DXUSA.NET:7300
W1NR,DXC.W1NR.NET:23
W1NR,DXC.W1NR.NET:7300
W3LPL,W3LPL.NET:7373
W4DXA,W3GQ.NO-IP.COM:23
W4QB,K4ZR.NO-IP.ORG:7300
W6KK,W6KK.ZAPTO.ORG:7300
W6RFU,UCSBDX.ECE.UCSB.EDU:7300
W6RK-2,CH.W6RK.COM:7300
W8WTS-1,DXC.W8WTS.NET:23
W8WTS-3,DXC.W8WTS.NET:7373
W9PA,DXC.W9PA.NET:7373
WB3FFV-2,DXC.LEADMON.NET:7300
WB4QOJ-8,WB4QOJ.NO-IP.ORG:7373
WC2L,DXC.WC2L.COM:23
WC2L-1,DXC.WC2L.COM:7373
WD1L,DXC.WD1L.NET:7300
WD4IXD,DXC.WD4IXD.NET:23
WR3D,WR3D.DXCLUSTER.NET:7300
WT3Q,WT3Q.GOFRC.ORG:7300
WW1R-9,DXC.WW1R.COM:7300
XQ8FGC-10,XQ8FGC.CX2SA.NET:9000
ZL2AQY-10,OLSON.NET.NZ:9000
FLOOD,174.81.218.124:7373
HB9DCO-1,kh6am.no-ip.org:7550  

Re: Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Pete Smith
 

There were two problems I became painfully aware of when I manually updated the list last year:

You have no way of knowing about new clusters that have joined the community since the last list

Not all clusters are 24/7, so a lot depends on when you test.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/25/2019 1:22 PM, Michael Walker wrote:

Hi Brian

Yes, you are correct.  It just needs an owner to make it happen.   Are you volunteering?

Pete, the same is true for the list of valid clusters to be in update in N1MM.  It also needs someone and I don't think it can be the N1MM crew.  I'd rather have them writing code.  For the moment, I will see if I can merge all the data points in the coming weeks and the publish on GitHub. 

73, Mike 

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 1:14 PM <brian.moran@...> wrote:
Computers are pretty good at contacting one another -- "Uptime monitoring" services can connect to a website and do something to verify that it's up at whatever interval you like, and keep stats over a long time -- much longer than a human can pay attention.  Sure, it might cost $20 a month to have the list always updated, but conceivably that data could be used to have the list in N1MM Logger (or a page on the N1MM Logger website) be shown with a 'quality bar' next to each of the choices with the status... just a thought.


On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 7:41 AM Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:
W0MU,w0mu.net:7373

has always worked well.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/25/2019 08:33 AM, Larry K8UT wrote:
> Mike,
>
> THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply
> a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will
> replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email
> attach)
>
> And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list
> we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25"
> download file.
>
> While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a
> list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet
> Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"
> https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/#importing-a-downloaded-cluster-list
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -larry K8UT
> ------ Original Message ------
> From: "Michael Walker" <va3mw@... <mailto:va3mw@...>>
> To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io>
> Sent: 2019-10-25 10:15:23
> Subject: [N1MM+] Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I took an hour this morning and tested ALL the USA and Canada dx clusters.  I
>> did not test any cluster outside of NA.  Maybe someone else can do that.
>>
>> This is what works:
>>
>> K1EU,K1EU.DYNIP.COM <http://K1EU.DYNIP.COM>
>> K2LS,DXC.K2LS.COM <http://DXC.K2LS.COM>
>> K7AR,K7AR.NET:7300 <http://K7AR.NET:7300>
>> KN4F,DXC.KN4F.NET <http://DXC.KN4F.NET>
>> N7OD,N7OD.PENTUX.NET <http://N7OD.PENTUX.NET>
>> VA3MW,va3mw.dxcluster.org:41112 <http://va3mw.dxcluster.org:41112>
>> VE3EY-7,DX.FIREROUTE.COM <http://DX.FIREROUTE.COM>
>> VE6TN,DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA <http://DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA>
>> VE7CC,VE7CC.NET <http://VE7CC.NET>
>> W1AAA,DXUSA.NET:7300 <http://DXUSA.NET:7300>
>> WF5E,WF5E.NO-IP.COM <http://WF5E.NO-IP.COM>
>> RBN,telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000 <http://telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000>
>> NC7J,dxc.nc7j.com:23 <http://dxc.nc7j.com:23>
>>
>> If you want to fix this.
>>
>>  1. Copy the above  list and place it in a text file somewhere you can find
>>  2. Open up N1MM and go into the Telnet screen.
>>  3. Edit Telnet List
>>  4. Highlight all the entries by holding the left button on the mouse and
>>     dragging down to the bottom so they are all in blue.
>>  5. Hit the delete key and that will delete all your cluster entries.  This
>>     will clean out the entire list.  You can keep the ones you like if you
>>     know the work
>>  6. Now, File/Import and select the file you saved in step 1
>>
>> You now have a very clean and workable list.
>>
>> Mike va3mw
>



Re: Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Michael Walker
 

Hi Brian

Yes, you are correct.  It just needs an owner to make it happen.   Are you volunteering?

Pete, the same is true for the list of valid clusters to be in update in N1MM.  It also needs someone and I don't think it can be the N1MM crew.  I'd rather have them writing code.  For the moment, I will see if I can merge all the data points in the coming weeks and the publish on GitHub. 

73, Mike 

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 1:14 PM <brian.moran@...> wrote:
Computers are pretty good at contacting one another -- "Uptime monitoring" services can connect to a website and do something to verify that it's up at whatever interval you like, and keep stats over a long time -- much longer than a human can pay attention.  Sure, it might cost $20 a month to have the list always updated, but conceivably that data could be used to have the list in N1MM Logger (or a page on the N1MM Logger website) be shown with a 'quality bar' next to each of the choices with the status... just a thought.


On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 7:41 AM Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:
W0MU,w0mu.net:7373

has always worked well.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/25/2019 08:33 AM, Larry K8UT wrote:
> Mike,
>
> THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply
> a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will
> replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email
> attach)
>
> And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list
> we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25"
> download file.
>
> While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a
> list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet
> Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"
> https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/#importing-a-downloaded-cluster-list
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -larry K8UT
> ------ Original Message ------
> From: "Michael Walker" <va3mw@... <mailto:va3mw@...>>
> To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io>
> Sent: 2019-10-25 10:15:23
> Subject: [N1MM+] Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I took an hour this morning and tested ALL the USA and Canada dx clusters.  I
>> did not test any cluster outside of NA.  Maybe someone else can do that.
>>
>> This is what works:
>>
>> K1EU,K1EU.DYNIP.COM <http://K1EU.DYNIP.COM>
>> K2LS,DXC.K2LS.COM <http://DXC.K2LS.COM>
>> K7AR,K7AR.NET:7300 <http://K7AR.NET:7300>
>> KN4F,DXC.KN4F.NET <http://DXC.KN4F.NET>
>> N7OD,N7OD.PENTUX.NET <http://N7OD.PENTUX.NET>
>> VA3MW,va3mw.dxcluster.org:41112 <http://va3mw.dxcluster.org:41112>
>> VE3EY-7,DX.FIREROUTE.COM <http://DX.FIREROUTE.COM>
>> VE6TN,DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA <http://DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA>
>> VE7CC,VE7CC.NET <http://VE7CC.NET>
>> W1AAA,DXUSA.NET:7300 <http://DXUSA.NET:7300>
>> WF5E,WF5E.NO-IP.COM <http://WF5E.NO-IP.COM>
>> RBN,telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000 <http://telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000>
>> NC7J,dxc.nc7j.com:23 <http://dxc.nc7j.com:23>
>>
>> If you want to fix this.
>>
>>  1. Copy the above  list and place it in a text file somewhere you can find
>>  2. Open up N1MM and go into the Telnet screen.
>>  3. Edit Telnet List
>>  4. Highlight all the entries by holding the left button on the mouse and
>>     dragging down to the bottom so they are all in blue.
>>  5. Hit the delete key and that will delete all your cluster entries.  This
>>     will clean out the entire list.  You can keep the ones you like if you
>>     know the work
>>  6. Now, File/Import and select the file you saved in step 1
>>
>> You now have a very clean and workable list.
>>
>> Mike va3mw
>



Re: Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

brian.moran@...
 

Computers are pretty good at contacting one another -- "Uptime monitoring" services can connect to a website and do something to verify that it's up at whatever interval you like, and keep stats over a long time -- much longer than a human can pay attention.  Sure, it might cost $20 a month to have the list always updated, but conceivably that data could be used to have the list in N1MM Logger (or a page on the N1MM Logger website) be shown with a 'quality bar' next to each of the choices with the status... just a thought.


On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 7:41 AM Steve London <n2ic@...> wrote:
W0MU,w0mu.net:7373

has always worked well.

73,
Steve, N2IC

On 10/25/2019 08:33 AM, Larry K8UT wrote:
> Mike,
>
> THANK YOU for testing the North American clusters on the list. If you can supply
> a complete list = Tested_North_American and Untested_Everywhere_Else = I will
> replace the list on the website with your updated list. (send to me as an email
> attach)
>
> And if anyone else wants to volunteer and test those untested from Mike's list
> we can integrate your results into a complete "all tested as of 2019-10-25"
> download file.
>
> While you were testing those we were modifying the documentation for importing a
> list into N1MM+. You will find a new section under >Docs >Windows >Telnet
> Window, "Importing a Downloaded Cluster List"
> https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/telnet-window/#importing-a-downloaded-cluster-list
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -larry K8UT
> ------ Original Message ------
> From: "Michael Walker" <va3mw@... <mailto:va3mw@...>>
> To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io>
> Sent: 2019-10-25 10:15:23
> Subject: [N1MM+] Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I took an hour this morning and tested ALL the USA and Canada dx clusters.  I
>> did not test any cluster outside of NA.  Maybe someone else can do that.
>>
>> This is what works:
>>
>> K1EU,K1EU.DYNIP.COM <http://K1EU.DYNIP.COM>
>> K2LS,DXC.K2LS.COM <http://DXC.K2LS.COM>
>> K7AR,K7AR.NET:7300 <http://K7AR.NET:7300>
>> KN4F,DXC.KN4F.NET <http://DXC.KN4F.NET>
>> N7OD,N7OD.PENTUX.NET <http://N7OD.PENTUX.NET>
>> VA3MW,va3mw.dxcluster.org:41112 <http://va3mw.dxcluster.org:41112>
>> VE3EY-7,DX.FIREROUTE.COM <http://DX.FIREROUTE.COM>
>> VE6TN,DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA <http://DX.MIDDLEBROOK.CA>
>> VE7CC,VE7CC.NET <http://VE7CC.NET>
>> W1AAA,DXUSA.NET:7300 <http://DXUSA.NET:7300>
>> WF5E,WF5E.NO-IP.COM <http://WF5E.NO-IP.COM>
>> RBN,telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000 <http://telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000>
>> NC7J,dxc.nc7j.com:23 <http://dxc.nc7j.com:23>
>>
>> If you want to fix this.
>>
>>  1. Copy the above  list and place it in a text file somewhere you can find
>>  2. Open up N1MM and go into the Telnet screen.
>>  3. Edit Telnet List
>>  4. Highlight all the entries by holding the left button on the mouse and
>>     dragging down to the bottom so they are all in blue.
>>  5. Hit the delete key and that will delete all your cluster entries.  This
>>     will clean out the entire list.  You can keep the ones you like if you
>>     know the work
>>  6. Now, File/Import and select the file you saved in step 1
>>
>> You now have a very clean and workable list.
>>
>> Mike va3mw
>



Re: Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Gary E. Kohtala
 


Please add:

W7JD-1,   w7jd.ddns.net, PORT 9000. It is up 24/7, works, and is in Radcliff, KY.
I am sysop. Runs VE7CC's CC Cluster software.

I have full time feed from VE7CC-1 and others, plus RBN. Users can optionally turn
RBN spots off or on with a single command.
Thanks!

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

Re: Potential Logging Issues For 2019 CW WW DX SSB Contest

Pete Smith
 

Hi Ted.  I had forgotten all about that feature, which seems like it would be fine during the QSO.  Do you know any way to fix it once the QSO has been logged?

I just tried to run that tool (Add Call to Country) with a hypothetical VP8 callsign and got the following error:

What to do???

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/25/2019 12:12 PM, Ted Bryant wrote:

Tom,

 

Have you tried using the “Add Call to Country” feature under the Tools menu in the Entry window?

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/entry-window/#tools-menu-selections

 

Add call to country – Specify a country for the call-sign in the call-sign textbox in the Entry window. If no call-sign is entered this menu item will be grayed out. This is a quick way during the heat of a contest to add a country temporarily, until the next time you import wl_cty.dat. Making changes permanent requires editing the country file (wl_cty.dat) to be imported.

 

73, Ted W4NZ

 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Owens via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 11:18 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Potential Logging Issues For 2019 CW WW DX SSB Contest

 

Pete and John,

Thanks for the input.

Pete, I am using the current  WL-Cty.dat file.  It was installed today.  And the issues still persist.

John, we too change the zone to what we copy BEFORE logging the contact.  Yes, I can change the zone in the Edit Contact window but that does not change the country.  For example, I just logged VK9OOO.  That call could be in zone 29, 30 or 32.  The program logged it as zone 32, Norfolk --- which is correct BUT that call could have been in zone 29 or 30.  For kicks, I went into the Edit Contact window (it is not possible to change the country prefix there as it is grayed out).  I changed the zone there to zone  but the Countries window still show the contact VK9N.  If the zone change took, which it did, the country should have changes to KL7.

The problems occurs in two different ways.  One, there are more than one country in the same zone.  Two, the country can be in one or more zone - HK0 can be ether zone 7 or 9.  The program defaults to zone 7 - HK0A.  Changing the zone to 9 does NOT change the country to HK0M in either the Edit Contact window of the Countries worked window.

If either of you would like to call me I can be reached by phone at 206 935-0457.  I can walk you through the procedure to correctly identify the correct zones and countries.

Tom, K7RI
206 935-0457

Re: Airspy HF+/Spectrum Display/Receive Antenna

Rick Tavan
 

You can drive the HF+ from the IF Out port of the K3, leaving the RX IN connection available for an actual RX antenna. I tried this successfully but eventually reverted to the RX Ant loop. You don't suffer the 3 dB sharing loss but I think you have to specify different IF offsets when you change modes. I'm not using an actual RX antenna. I suppose you could use both an HF+ connected to RX Ant OUT and an actual RX antenna connected to RX Ant IN but I haven't tried it.

73,

/Rick N6XI


On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 8:00 AM Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

I would like to be able to use a receiving antenna on my K3 while also using the spectrum display of N1MM+.  I assume from the manual's discussion of using the HF+ that it *must* be used on the Ant Out/Ant In loop of my K3.  That suggests that I either have to choose one or the other or cascade splitters and accept the 6+ dB of loss.  Am I missing something?

-- 

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.



--
--

Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA

Re: Working DX Cluster List -- USA and Canada ** Confirmed

Pete Smith
 

Mike, I don't know which, if any cluster file is included in updates of MM+, but you can find the latest cluster list at <https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/mmfiles/clusters-2019-10-11-txt/>

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/25/2019 11:22 AM, Michael Walker wrote:

Hi Pete

I agree.  the RBN should be removed.

As well, the other 2 were never in the 'shipped' version of N1MM that I can tell, so if they got into a list, they had to be manually added.

What are their addresses?  

Mike va3mw


On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 11:12 AM Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:

A couple of caveats - this list lacks a couple of longtime stalwarts, W9PA and W3LPL.  There are probably a number of others. 

Also, the list includes the RBN's Telnet feed, which is intended only to provide spots to DX clusters that wish to connect.  To keep up with the volume, the servers behind this address have been stripped of all filtering, so you will miss out on some very useful capabilities if you connect directly to the RBN.  Please don't!  You don't want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back during CQWWCW.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network 
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now 
spotting RTTY activity worldwide. 
For spots, please use your favorite 
"retail" DX cluster.
On 10/25/2019 10:50 AM, John Webster wrote:
Many, many thanks. 

John
NN1SS

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 10:15 AM Michael Walker <va3mw@...> wrote:
Hi All

I took an hour this morning and tested ALL the USA and Canada dx clusters.  I did not test any cluster outside of NA.  Maybe someone else can do that.

This is what works:


If you want to fix this.

  1. Copy the above  list and place it in a text file somewhere you can find 
  2. Open up N1MM and go into the Telnet screen.
  3. Edit Telnet List
  4. Highlight all the entries by holding the left button on the mouse and dragging down to the bottom so they are all in blue.
  5. Hit the delete key and that will delete all your cluster entries.  This will clean out the entire list.  You can keep the ones you like if you know the work
  6. Now, File/Import and select the file you saved in step 1
You now have a very clean and workable list.

Mike va3mw

Re: Potential Logging Issues For 2019 CW WW DX SSB Contest

Ted Bryant
 

Tom,

 

Have you tried using the “Add Call to Country” feature under the Tools menu in the Entry window?

https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/manual-windows/entry-window/#tools-menu-selections

 

Add call to country – Specify a country for the call-sign in the call-sign textbox in the Entry window. If no call-sign is entered this menu item will be grayed out. This is a quick way during the heat of a contest to add a country temporarily, until the next time you import wl_cty.dat. Making changes permanent requires editing the country file (wl_cty.dat) to be imported.

 

73, Ted W4NZ

 

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Owens via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 11:18 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Potential Logging Issues For 2019 CW WW DX SSB Contest

 

Pete and John,

Thanks for the input.

Pete, I am using the current  WL-Cty.dat file.  It was installed today.  And the issues still persist.

John, we too change the zone to what we copy BEFORE logging the contact.  Yes, I can change the zone in the Edit Contact window but that does not change the country.  For example, I just logged VK9OOO.  That call could be in zone 29, 30 or 32.  The program logged it as zone 32, Norfolk --- which is correct BUT that call could have been in zone 29 or 30.  For kicks, I went into the Edit Contact window (it is not possible to change the country prefix there as it is grayed out).  I changed the zone there to zone  but the Countries window still show the contact VK9N.  If the zone change took, which it did, the country should have changes to KL7.

The problems occurs in two different ways.  One, there are more than one country in the same zone.  Two, the country can be in one or more zone - HK0 can be ether zone 7 or 9.  The program defaults to zone 7 - HK0A.  Changing the zone to 9 does NOT change the country to HK0M in either the Edit Contact window of the Countries worked window.

If either of you would like to call me I can be reached by phone at 206 935-0457.  I can walk you through the procedure to correctly identify the correct zones and countries.

Tom, K7RI
206 935-0457