Many questions can be answered by going to the N1MM+ Web page.
Search has been improved, so give it a try!
Was trying to change the name of the S3 database for my trip to HR9. Unfortunately, somehow I screwed things up and can't get back my log. Every time I try to log it, I get a little box with "A possible problem has occurred [Update Contest Grid]. Please stop and restart N1MM+ Logger. If this reoccurs, please contact the N1MM development team."
So, I am.
Re: RTTY waterfall background color
Sorry Rick, to be so late in getting back to you. You nailed it, way too high. It looks fine now. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving. 73
N1MM+ NOT TALKING TO RADIO
Well after about 2 years and using a new computer I am trying to get N1MM+ to run and having the following problem.
My computer is using Windows 7 Pro with a Vantec 2-port serial PCIe host card connected to a Yaseu FT1000MKV.
The ports are installed correctly but neither com port sees the radio. So, I don't know if the PCI card is not really a RS232 or not but it says it is.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
My Test post
Re: Looking for some programming help with switch emulation coding
Sorry for bothering you. Checked http://n1mmplus.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php and found that the reflector is down.
73 de LA9RY Knut
Den 19.11.2017 00:51, skrev 'John Bednar' k3ct@... [N1MMLoggerplus]:
Nothing received since Nov 20th
This is just a test to find out why.
73 de LA9Ry Knut
Just a test
Re: Won't start
Yeah..I have done all of that...just will not as I have mentioned before....it never creates the N1mm Logger file.
set spot timeout
Jorge Diez - CX6VM
is any way to fix spot timeout to a value diferent than 60?
I go to bandmap, richt click, set spot timeout, change to 30
Quit N1MM (latest version)
Open it again and spot timeout is in 60 minutes
Re: Telnet not working.
John, W0ZZ figured out the problem:
Master Check Box
The master check box was unchecked, and this locked me out of the spotting network. As soon as this check box was checked, then all was normal and I can log into any spotting network again.
This is the most hidden check box in the world!!!
MK2R+ not latching using N1MM+
I am having a problem with my MK2R+ and N1MM+ getting setup for the CQWW CW this weekend and I suspect there may be is a MK2R+ hardware problem. But I hope that it is actually something that I am doing wrong in the setup so I can use it this weekend..
I cannot get the MK2R+ to switch the headphones from the CQ (run) radio to the S/P radio when CQing on the run radio. This has actually worked in the past.
When I turn "Focus other on" and start a CQ on the run radio, the MK2R+ jumps the headphone selection for both ears over to the S/P radio for just an instant. Then it immediately switches back to the run radio. All I hear in the headphones when this happens is a loud double pop and I am back hearing my sidetone on the run radio.
I looked at the router and monitored the control line commands and it seems to be correctly telling the MK2R+ to listen to the S/P radio during the entire CQ and then tells the MK2R+ to switch back to the run radio. But it is already on the run radio by then.
If I turn "Focus other off", the run radio works normally without trying to switch; no pops, just the expected sidetone from the run radio.
If I use the tilde key to split my headphones, it works normally until I transmit and then the one headphone ear listening on the S/P radio switches back to the run radio while transmitting. But will switch back to split when the CQ stops.
These problem occur regardless of which radio is the run or S/P radio.
I have had the MK2R+ for many years and at times it has worked perfectly. This problem started with the previous computer (Win 7) that I was using after it had been working correctly with N1MM+ for a long time. Then one day it just stopped working.
Due to some system failures and other problems recently I have lost my backups for Microham's router setup so I am having to set the MK2R+ router back up from scratch. I can't be sure if I don't remember how to do it right or if the MK2R+ is failing somehow.
Now I have a brand new Win 10 system and I am trying to get the station ready for the weekend. Everything seems to be setting up OK, except for this headphone switching problem to listen to the other radio.
I did a lot of reading in N1MM+ manuals and the Microham MK2R+ manuals trying to spot what might be configured incorrectly. I have double checked all my N1MM+ and MK2R+ settings that might effect this condition. I can't figure it out.
I hope that one of you folks out there might be able to advise and point me in the right direction.
Thanks for reading all this.
73, Richard - K5NA
Yahoo Groups is down
Tom - N1MM
Yahoo groups is experiencing problems. At this point, we have not seen any posts for two days and Yahoo is silent as to the cause and ETR.
If you have a question that you need to be resolved before Yahoo comes back online, ask your local club or computer guru. If you can't resolve it that way, we will be able to answer a *limited* number of questions via the bug reporting mechanism at: http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-view_tracker.php?trackerId=11&sort_mode=f_396_desc We will give priority to those users who have demonstrated the most effort to read the documentation.
Tom - N1MM
Yahoo N1MM+ reflector not passing messages?
No posting to the group since Monday. Very unusual for this group. Is it busticated?
Tom - N1MM
Tom - N1MM
CTY-2713 Country Files - 22 November 2017
Jim Reisert AD1C
The Country (CTY) Files were updated on 22 November 2017:
For installation instructions, start at:
Hover your mouse over the word Contest in the menu, then select the
software you are using.
To install the file, follow the link to your software at the top of the page.
If you are interested in a bigger CTY.DAT for everyday logging, you can get
Note that the release notes (and Version Entity) for this larger file are
different than what is shown below. There is a separate link to them.
Here are the release notes:
22 November 2017 (CTY-2713)
VER20171122, Version entity is Portugal, CT
* 4U2U is Vienna Intl Ctr, *4U1V
* GB2ELH is Shetland Islands, *GM/s
* IT9CKA/CA is Sicily, *IT9
* JW2US is Bear Island, *JW/b
* 3V8CB/J is Tunisia, 3V
* 9H9PSG/J is Malta, 9H
* 9M4SJSD is East Malaysia, 9M6
* A61FK/FD, A61Q/FD and A65DC/FD are all United Arab Emirates, A6
* BD7MQ/9 is China, BY
* VP8ADE is Antarctica, CE9 in ITU zone 73
* TO2E is Guadeloupe, FG
* TO5W is Martinique, FM
* GB2GU is Guernsey, GU
* 4U24OCT, I2AZ/CA, I6HWD/CA, IK2SOE/CA, IQ6VP/J, IQ7ML/J and IZ4AIH/J
are all Italy, I
* II0M is Sardinia, IS
* W4II is in ITU zone 7, not ITU zone 8
* AL7RF is United States, K in CQ zone 3, ITU zone 6
* K7VU, K8FU, KI6QDH, N7BD and WN7Y are all United States, K in CQ zone 4, ITU zone 7
* K4LPQ, K4WLG, KD0EE, N4JRG and W4JUU are all United States, K in CQ zone 4, ITU zone 8
* AB8RL, KS0CW and W0NA are all United States, K in CQ zone 5, ITU zone 8
* AH0A, KB3SEV, KB7DDX, KC2HL, KC9SBG, KE7PIZ, KJ4BHO, N2KLQ, W3ZRT
and W7EHP are all Hawaii, KH6
* AD0ZL, KA2ZSD, KC0TK and NJ7H are all Alaska, KL
* KC1IHB is Puerto Rico, KP4
* LU1AET/D, LU1BCE/D, LU1FMC/F, LU1GQQ/GP, LU1JCE/J, LU1JMV/J, LU1JN/J,
LU1JP/J, LU1SF/S, LU2AAS/D, LU2AMM/D, LU2CDE/D, LU2DRT/D, LU2DT/D, LU2EE/D,
LU2EGA/D, LU2EIT/D, LU2FGD/F, LU2FNH/D, LU2JCI/J, LU2JNV/J, LU2LDB/L, LU3CRA/D,
LU3CT/D, LU3DK/D, LU3DPH/D, LU3DY/D, LU3DYN/D, LU3EBS/D, LU3ELR/D, LU3ESY/D,
LU3JVO/J, LU4AAO/D, LU4CMF/D, LU4DLN/D, LU4DQ/D, LU4GF/GA, LU4JEA/J, LU4JLX/J,
LU4LMA/L, LU5BDS/D, LU5DA/D, LU5DDH/D, LU5DLH/D, LU5JAH/D, LU5JB/J, LU5JCL/J,
LU5JIB/D, LU5JLX/J, LU5LAE/L, LU5UEA/U, LU5UFM/U, LU6DAX/D, LU6DIE/D, LU6EEG/D,
LU6EPE/D, LU6FE/F, LU6JRA/J, LU6UBM/U, LU6UO/U, LU7DAC/D, LU7DAF/D, LU7DHG/D,
LU7DLN/D, LU7DNM/D, LU7EO/D, LU7HCS/H, LU7JRM/J, LU8EHV/D, LU8EMC/D, LU8JOP/J,
LU8LFV/L, LU9DAD/D, LU9DKO/D, LU9EI/D, LU9EJM/D, LU9EZX/D, LU9GRE/GP, LU9JMG/J,
LU9JPR/J, LU9LZZ/L, LW1ECE/D, LW1ECO/D, LW2DJM/D, LW2DSM/D, LW2DYA/D, LW2EQS/D,
LW2EUA/D, LW3DAB/D, LW3DC/D, LW3DED/D, LW3DGC/D, LW3DN/D, LW3DTD/D, LW4ERO/D,
LW5DR/D, LW7DGT/D, LW7EDH/D, LW7EOJ/D, LW8DMC/D, LW9DRD/D and LW9DTQ/D
are all Argentina, LU
* LU1VPH/V, LU1YY/Y, LU2VA/Y, LU2VCR/V, LU3VE/V, LU3XAP/XA, LU4XEG/XA,
LU5VIE/V, LU6DO/V, LU6VEK/W, LU8BV/V, LU8VCC/V, LU8XBS/XA and LUVES/V
are all Argentina, LU in ITU zone 16
* 4U2U is Austria, OE
* OK1KCR/J is Czech Republic, OK
* PA1FJ/J, PA4WK/J, PA6HYG/J, PA6JAM/J, PA6RCG/J, PA6SJS/J, PD1JSH/J,
PE18KA/J, PH50GFB/J, PH6BB/J and PI4CQ/J are all Netherlands, PA
* SV2CLJ/J, SV2JAO/J, SV2KBB/J and SZ2TSL/J are all Greece, SV
* R200SB, R8FF/3, R9JO/6, RT9K/6/P and RZ5D/4 are all European Russia, UA
* R9SAO/1 is European Russia, UA in ITU zone 20
* R8MB/1 is European Russia, UA in CQ zone 17, ITU zone 20
* UA0ZDY/9 is Asiatic Russia, UA9
* R3CG/8 and RK6YM/8 are both Asiatic Russia, UA9 in ITU zone 20
* R0LY/9 and RZ5D/9 are both Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 18, ITU zone 31
* R9PS/9 is Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 18, ITU zone 32
* RT0Q is Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 19, ITU zone 23
* RV3DSA/0 is Asiatic Russia, UA9 in CQ zone 19, ITU zone 34
* VK9AR/6 is Australia, VK in CQ zone 29, ITU zone 58
* VK9FISH is Cocos (Keeling) Islands, VK9C
* YU1BBA/J is Serbia, YU
* JW9JKA in Bear Island, *JW/b
* A61EI/ARS, A61FJ/ARS and A61Q/ARS in United Arab Emirates, A6
* EA9PD/7 and EA9PD/P in Spain, EA
* EA2TW/8 in Canary Islands, EA8
* TX5EG in French Polynesia, FO
* GB2DMR in Northern Ireland, GI
* GB0SAA, GB0WRH, GB2KDR, GB2RDR, GB2SAA and GB5TAM in Scotland, GM
* GB0WHH, GB0WHR, GB1PCA, GB1SPN, GB1WAA, GB2CR, GB2WAA, GB4OST, GB6CRA
and GB6CRI in Wales, GW
* 7Z1AL/ND in Saudi Arabia, HZ
* IZ1CLA/N in Italy, I
* IQ0AG/P in Sardinia, IS
* AC8Y, AI0M, K0NW, KC8GCR, N3XRU, N4VN and W2UP in United States, K
* N8CS in Mariana Islands, KH0
* AC7LR, AJ0M, KC0WQU, KC6SWR, KI6EFY, N6I and NH2KH in Hawaii, KH6
* AH0AH, KE7FNC, W7JMR and WA7B in Alaska, KL
* KM4VDZ and N4D in Puerto Rico, KP4
* LU2AFE/D, LU3HPW/H, LU6HBB/Q, LU7AA/U and LW3EMP/L in Argentina, LU
* OF100FI/0 in Aland Islands, OH0
* R10OKA, R20CFO, R20MSK, R20NNG, R20PFO, R20PRM, R20RND, R20SAM, R20SPB,
R20SZO, R20VLG, R20VRN, R20YFO, R73QRQ, R870B, R8AEU/6, R8MB/1/P, R9MJ/6,
R9XAK/1/P, RC20AA, RC20CW, RC20FM, RC20HZ, RC20NN, RC20NZ, RC20RF, RC20RT,
RC20RZ, RC20UU, RK20CC, RN20CC, RN9N/6, RO80RO, RT9T/6, RU20CC, RX3XX/N,
UA0AD/3, UA0ZL/6, UA9CGL/3, UA9JPX/6, UB5O/1 and UE80AR in European Russia, UA
* UB5O/2 in Kaliningrad, UA2
* R20DFO, R20EKB, R20KRK, R20NSK, R20UFA, R20UFO, R8XW/0, R9LY/4, RA/UR8IF,
RC20AB, RC20AC, RC20CD, RC20MX, RC20OB, RC20QA, RC20QC, RC20QF, RC20TT,
RM20CC, UA0QQO/9/P, UB5O/0, UB5O/4, UB5O/8, UB5O/9, UE70AAA and UE80IR
in Asiatic Russia, UA9
* VA2RC and W4TMO/VE2 in Canada, VE
* VK3DP/6, VK6AV/4, VK6MB/5 and VK6YB/2 in Australia, VK
73 - Jim AD1C
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us
Logging Error in CQWWSSB
I just realized, when we ran CQWWSSB a few weeks ago, when we did it
at a friends house, he had the log all set and ready to roll. We ran
the contest and when it was all done generated the Cabrillo and ADIF
files, to send to the contest sponsors, and import to the main log.
BUT..... While everything we sent over the air was correct, he forgot to
change databases, and all the contacts were logged as his stations call,
not the call we actually used.
In the Cabrillo file, that was easy to fix, a simple find & replace.
Take his call out and insert the right one. Like I said all RF wise was
fine just wrong database.
But the ADIF file,,,, what would be the easiest way to fix that so we
can put all these contacts into the stations log correctly?
Hi I got a message that I was forcibly disconnected from a telnet node and ever since I cannot seem to connect to any node. Either the attempt fails or I get an error message..Internet connection is OK. Any suggestions?
Thanks Bob HS0ZIA
What is the telnet address for DX Heat? I can't seem to find it on their website. I took a guess at "dxc.dxheat.com" and N1MM showed an IP address, but the connection failed.
Re: Won't start
I tried turning off all the Antimalware programs..., uninstalled and reintalled...same problem....does not create the N1MM Logger.ini file....(I made sure I could see hidden files)....I could create my own ini file if I knew what to put in it...
When I run it....nothing happens...
Re: Won't start
I realize that uninstalling and re-installing is just creating the same problem...just though maybe I did something wrong.....I can check to see if it is hidden...but the rotor.ini file is there...so it seems that if that was the problem..I would not see the rotor.ini...I will look.....I considered anti-malware,,,,and made sure "realtime" checking was not on.....
DOesn't mean that is not the problem....just that I considered it...I will take a look again..