Re: Shielded usb a/b cable

Michael Walker

 All my USB cables are choked with either Mix 31 or 43 chokes.

They are very effective if they are the source of the RF I.

Mike va3mw

On Nov 28, 2020, at 11:29 PM, Kimo Chun <kimo@...> wrote:

I jumped the gun.

SF Cable has a 1 ft. USB 2.0 A to B
SKU# UB12-01   no ferrite   $1.00  (yes)

I have purchased various cables or products from all though I've not specifically tested the Tripp-lite ferrite cables for their efficacy.

73, Kimo Chun KH7U

On Sat, Nov 28, 2020 at 6:16 PM Kimo Chun <kimochun@...> wrote:
As I have used both short and ferrite type USB A to B and hadn't seen both in the same cable, I thought I'd search after seeing the digest today.
I didn't do an exhaustive search.
But I found (all USB 2.0):

Tripp-lite makes a 3 ft and 6 ft USB A to B with ferrite.
P/N U023-003   3 ft. with ferrite  $5.99 on Amazon Prime
P/N U023-006   6 ft. with ferrite  $6.00 on Amazon Prime

Tripp-Lite makes a 1 ft USB A to B no ferrite.
P/N UR022-001  1 ft  no ferrite   $   didn't check

L-com  Makes a 0.5 M USB A to B with ferrite.
P/N U2A00002-05M   0.5 meter with ferrite  $5.21  qty 1-9
It is also sold by Show Me Cables for the same price.
L-com owns them.

Belkin Pro Series has a 6 inch USB A to B 2.0 no ferrite.
From hellabargain.com  $16.86
Perhaps Belkin is available elsewhere for less. I didn't look.

I've used a 6 inch USB for daily use with a portable CF card reader/dongle at work. Eventually, it went bad/ intermittent (as expected). A longer cable in flex service like that lasts much longer. In your station it may do fine.

L-Com also had an USB 2.0 A to MicroB with ferrites - 0.5 meter for $6.29 Qty 1-9. FWIW

End of search. I'm sure there's more out there.
The 3 who posted earlier should get my attachment.

73, Kimo Chun KH7U