From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerd DK8NT
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 3:16 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] N1MM+ changes IC-7300 filter bandwidth when using the band buttons in the Entry window

Not a big issue, but as it’s reproducible on my radio maybe there’s a chance for a fix … ?

For CW contests I’m using FIL1 in the IC-7300 (and FIL2 for RTTY, FIL3 for SSB).

When I switch bands on the radio directly, or from the Available window, or using Ctrl+Up/Dn, the filter stays on FIL1. So far, so good!

However, when I switch bands using the band buttons on the left edge of the Entry window, the radio ALWAYS switches to FIL2 (even when I’m selecting the band that’s already selected).

I opened an SSB contest in N1MM+, set the radio to SSB and FIL3 on all bands – and again:
When I switch bands using the band buttons on the left edge of the Entry window, and only then, the radio ALWAYS switches to FIL2.

(In some very few cases I’ve seen the filter switch to FIL1 (from FIL3 in SSB), and even a mode change from SSB to CW, but these may have been test artifacts.)

Should I just avoid band changes using the buttons in the Entry window, or is there a fix?

73, Gerd DK8NT