Re: QTC woes

Rick Ellison

Yes that will drop an extra line at the start so it should be more visible. For a while back when the logger was still using vb6 there was an issue with Windows using different version of the Rich Text Control that is what is used for the rx window. Some of the version of the control would jump a line with just the {ENTER} macro but on other systems just sending a Enter character would not cause it to move. So then for those users I added the {ENTERLF}. If you used that macro on on the Rich text control that worked with just an ENTER it would then jump 2 lines. Now if VB.net they have figured things out and in all of the digital engines except Fldigi {ENTER} causes one line drop and {ENTERLF} causes 2 line jumps. With Fldigi {ENTER} does not do anything and {ENTERLF} will cause just one line advance.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ken - K4XL
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 12:16 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] QTC woes

Rick,

I think you must have missed my question or I missed your answer in all the messages about QTC problems.

I am having a recurring problem with SQTCs.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that over 90% of the time I had requests to resend a Q.  Number 10 was always on the list and very frequently it was the only requested repeat.  I noticed this last year as well.  After reading the comments in the series of emails about QTC problems this year,  I opened the QTC Window and looked at the RTTY Setup tab.  Under SQTC Messages, the Send All Ending was {ENTER}QSL?? BK DE {MyCall} K

I've changed it to start with {ENTERLF} thinking that the LF time might give the receiving station a clear read of #10.  Do you think this will work, or is there something else that needs doing?

Thanks,

Ken - K4XL