locked Re: SSB band edges - quick question

Don Murray

Calling CQ on 7127, would result in an out of band signal.

Your modulation artifacts would extend at least 2+KHz from 7127, falling below 7125, the bottom edge of the American phone band.

And in addition...

A CW signal centered 250Hz above
the 7000 band edge would probably
have keying artifacts falling below
7000, and therefore, out of band.

Be careful around band edges!

73
Don
W4WJ

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 Jennifer-Jenni Eileen Jones <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> wrote:

I could CQ on 7.127, and I would be within my license limitations, so leave him alone...

On 24 Oct 2020, at 18:43, Tom Osborne <w7why1@...> wrote:

It could be disqualification.

From the rules:

" Unsportsmanlike Conduct: Examples of unsportsmanlike conduct include, but are not limited to:

"Transmissions by the entrant on frequencies outside of license limitations." 73
Tom W7WHY

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 7:54 AM Bo W4GHV <bobarr@...> wrote:
Having a blast with my new toy (N1MM+)

Is there an adjustable SSB band plan where I can put the US SSB Extra limits in it?

I goofed and snagged a couple low!  How much is the ticket?

--
73, Bo W4GHV since '54