Re: Location for WAV files

George Harlem

Mike, I have this in my F4 function key:

C:\Users\George\My Documents\N1MM Logger+\Wav\wav\va2ebi.wav

But I am still not playing the wav file.  I was able to play it earlier but I have a suspicion that my pc is the issue—still Windows7 and Windows Media Player might be defunct.

George W1EBI

From George's iPhone

On Oct 24, 2020, at 9:28 PM, VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...> wrote:

Important Change for Those Transitioning from N1MM Classic
N1MM Logger Classic found its wav files assuming the starting directory was the N1MM Logger program directory. Typically users would place their wav files in a sub-directory of the N1MM Logger program directory called wav. To call up a wav file in this sub-directory, you would specify the file name in the form wav\filename.wav (or wav\{OPERATOR}\filename.wav if you were using operator-specific files) in your function key messages.

N1MM Logger Plus finds its wav files assuming the starting directory is the wav sub-directory created by the installer inside the N1MM Logger+ user files directory (*not* the program files directory). To call up a wav file in this sub-directory, you specify the file name in your function key messages as filename.wav, i.e. without the leading wav\ (or if you are using the {OPERATOR} macro, as {OPERATOR}\filename.wav, again without the leading wav\). If you edit your message files by removing the leading wav\ on file names in messages, you will be able to access wav files you have placed in the wav sub-directory.

Alternatively, if you want to continue to use the same message files you used with Classic without editing them to remove all those leading wav\’s, you can create a new wav sub-sub-directory inside the wav sub-directory in the N1MM Logger+ user files directory (so that these wav files are located at My Documents\N1MM Logger+\wav\wav\filename.wav, or My Documents\N1MM Logger+\wav\wav\{OPERATOR}\filename.wav – note the two levels of wav\ in the path name), and once you have placed your wav files in that new sub-directory (or in operator-specific sub-directories under that wav\wav sub-directory if you are using the {OPERATOR} macro), you can call those wav files up using your old function key message files.

C:\Users\George\Documents\N1MM Logger+\Wav\VA2EBI

C:\Users\[yourWindowslogonusername]\Documents\N1MM Logger+\wav\{OPERATOR}\cq.wav”

--
Mike VE9AA