From: "ART W2NRA via groups.io" <w2nra@...>
Date: 10/24/20 10:15 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Uncommanded Shutdown

And don’t forget to periodically recheck those USB ports on Device Manager.  Windows does occasionally turn them off.  On Rich’s post I rechecked and found 6 that were in sleep mode.

Thank you, Rich

73, Art W2NRA
CWOPS #1955

On Oct 24, 2020, at 10:12 AM, ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:

Have you changed the settings in Windows to prevent it from shutting down USB ports to save power?

See <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PreventUSBPortPowerDown> for a description of the steps you need to take to do this.

If you have already done this and if a Windows update hasn't interfered with your settings, then something else is going on. Try using one RTTY decoder program at a time to see if you can isolate it to one of the programs.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 09:56 AM, Jim Sharp wrote:
I also experienced the N1MM+ shutdowns several times similar to N0TA.

It happened while operating rtty during the JARTS test, requiring shutting down all the decoder windows so I could make a clean startup.

It also happened while away from the rig/computer for an hour or so. Like it was timing out