Re: FSK problems with K3 and Microkeyer MK2

Joe Subich, W4TV

Are you using Router's FSK port as a COM# entry in N1MM+ or
are you using EXTFSK?

Are you using the most recent version of Router (9.3.1)?

Have you selected "C: Limiting Speed" for the USB Port in the
Misc -> TX Port dialog *FOR THE COPY OF MMTTY USED BY N1MM+*

Various solutions:

1) Add a two spaces following your callsign
2) *check* "Strict BPS" in Router's FSK Port
(neither should be necessary if N1MM+/MMTTY are configured
correctly).

*ALWAYS* use the most recent version of microHAM USB Device
Router.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-09-30 8:00 AM, Ronald PA3EWP wrote:
Hello,
During the RTTY contest last weekend we noticed a problem that our
transmitted text was abrupted.
A lot of times our call was transmitted as PI4C or PI4CO instead of PI4COM.
We used the latest version of N1MM+, MMTTY, Microkeyer MK2 and a Elecraft
K3.
N1MM was configured as SO2V.
If I looked at the digital interface window the text was transmitted, at the
end the software disabled the PTT of the radio.
But the radio was still busy transmitting the text, the FSK led was still
flashing, but the software disabled the PTT.
I try to find what was happening or was changed, but I couldn't find any
solution for it.
So we changed it to AFSK and all worked fine again.
If I started MMTTY without N1MM it worked fine.
I hope someone has a solution for it, I am sure it must be something simple,
but I can't find it.
Ronald
PA3EWP
Contestgroup Oude Maas