Re: Working Dupes without ESM

John Bednar

Thanks Rich.

I tracked down the cause and tested the fix.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ve3ki
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 8:44 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Working Dupes without ESM

John,

I just tested this with all 8 possible combinations of CW vs RTTY, ESM vs non-ESM and "Work dupes" checked vs unchecked.

In RTTY with ESM turned off, the ; and Insert keys did not send the exchange, as Lee has reported. With ESM turned on, the exchange was sent. The "Work dupes" setting did not make any difference. 

In CW, regardless of whether ESM was on or off and regardless of the "Work dupes" setting, the ; and Insert keys always sent the exchange.

So, the issue is specific to digital modes with ESM off. With that one particular combination of choices, the ; and Insert keys do not send the exchange to a dupe.

Rich VE3KI

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 07:43 AM, John Bednar wrote:

Lee,

I just tested this using SO1V mode with the CQWW CW and PA QSO Party contests, ESM off, RUN mode, logging CW contacts.

The ; and ‘ keys allow me to work a dupe station.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of KY7M Lee
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 11:23 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Working Dupes without ESM

I think I have figured out the issue.  I have the box checked in Configurer for Function Keys “Work dupes when running”.  I use the semicolon hot key to send the exchange when running and it normally send F5+F2.  The semicolon key does NOT work for me when working a  dupe while running.  If I press the F5 and F2 keys directly it DOES send for a dupe while running.  Something missing in the program??? 

The source of my confusion was that when you hover over that “Work dupes” check box you see the message “If this box is checked, ESM mode will let you work duplicate contacts when running” – thus my conclusion that it was only intended for ESM users.

Please excuse my confusion, but there is an issue using the semicolon hotkey when running and trying to work a dupe.

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.