From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ve3ki
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 8:44 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Working Dupes without ESM

John,

I just tested this with all 8 possible combinations of CW vs RTTY, ESM vs non-ESM and "Work dupes" checked vs unchecked.

In RTTY with ESM turned off, the ; and Insert keys did not send the exchange, as Lee has reported. With ESM turned on, the exchange was sent. The "Work dupes" setting did not make any difference.

In CW, regardless of whether ESM was on or off and regardless of the "Work dupes" setting, the ; and Insert keys always sent the exchange.

So, the issue is specific to digital modes with ESM off. With that one particular combination of choices, the ; and Insert keys do not send the exchange to a dupe.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 07:43 AM, John Bednar wrote:

Lee,

I just tested this using SO1V mode with the CQWW CW and PA QSO Party contests, ESM off, RUN mode, logging CW contacts.

The ; and ‘ keys allow me to work a dupe station.

John, K3CT