Minor annoyance on switching bands while doing RTTY

Pierre Fogal

Hi folks,

For some time now, I have been experiencing a minor annoyance while doing RTTY contests.  I usually operate with an MMTTY window and a GRITTY window. When I change bands by clicking on the band list in the Entry window, the MMTTY window closes and the MMVARI window opens.  I then close the MMVARI and re-open the MMTTY.  It happens both with GRITTY running and without. It does not happen if type a frequency into the entry window, nor if I change the band on the radio.

I run AFSK through an external usb sound-card. The radio is a Kenwood TS-570D and a Rigblaster Pro interface is in use.  The computer is an i5 Thinkpad running Windows 10.

Is there by chance a setting that indicates which RTTY interface is the default?

73,
Pierre VE3KTB (VA3LML this past weekend)