Re: Problem setting up the N1MM+ Digital Interface for RTTY with Winkeyer USB

Rick Ellison

He mentioned he has already programmed them to what is expected. The { and } are shown in the CMD window as the Winkey needs to see those characters in the string in order to turn on and off PTT. My guess is the }  is coming from a stray character in his macro setup.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ve3ki
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 8:44 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Problem setting up the N1MM+ Digital Interface for RTTY with Winkeyer USB

Look really closely at your message. I suspect that one of your left curly brackets might actually be a square bracket. And as KU7Y has pointed out, there needs to be a comma between the button caption and the contents of the message - I have no idea what would happen if that was missing.

I don't know why you are seeing square brackets at all, instead of just the text to be sent. There are no square or curly brackets in the RTTY code set. I wonder - Rick N2AMG, do you need to program the TX, RX and Esc keys for the Winkeyer FSK like you do for other TUs?

Rich VE3KI

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 08:04 PM, Peter Dabos wrote:

Thanks for your very helpful question regarding my function key messages.

My function key messages contain

F1 CQ {TX} {ENTER} CQ TEST {MYCALL} {RX}

When I remove the {ENTER}, clicking on F1 sends

[ [ CQ TEST N1CEO ]

When I put the {ENTER} back in, clicking on F1 sends

[ [ }  CQ CQ TEST N1CEO ]

{ENTER} is supposed to be the same as pressing the Enter key.  Any ideas on why it might issue a right curly bracket?

73s,

Peter Dabos

N1CEO

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.