Re: Problem setting up the N1MM+ Digital Interface for RTTY with Winkeyer USB

Rick Ellison

He mentioned he has already programmed them to what is expected. The { and } are shown in the CMD window as the Winkey needs to see those characters in the string in order to turn on and off PTT. My guess is the }  is coming from a stray character in his macro setup.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of ve3ki
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 8:44 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] Problem setting up the N1MM+ Digital Interface for RTTY with Winkeyer USB

Look really closely at your message. I suspect that one of your left curly brackets might actually be a square bracket. And as KU7Y has pointed out, there needs to be a comma between the button caption and the contents of the message - I have no idea what would happen if that was missing.

I don't know why you are seeing square brackets at all, instead of just the text to be sent. There are no square or curly brackets in the RTTY code set. I wonder - Rick N2AMG, do you need to program the TX, RX and Esc keys for the Winkeyer FSK like you do for other TUs?

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 08:04 PM, Peter Dabos wrote:

Thanks for your very helpful question regarding my function key messages.

My function key messages contain

F1 CQ {TX} {ENTER} CQ TEST {MYCALL} {RX}

When I remove the {ENTER}, clicking on F1 sends

[ [ CQ TEST N1CEO ]

When I put the {ENTER} back in, clicking on F1 sends

[ [ }  CQ CQ TEST N1CEO ]

{ENTER} is supposed to be the same as pressing the Enter key.  Any ideas on why it might issue a right curly bracket?

73s,

Peter Dabos

N1CEO