Re: Cannot get N1MM, FLdigi and my FLEX running PowerSDR to sing together for Digital

Rick Ellison

“What is N1MM actually doing. Is it sending characters to FLdigi which then sends that to the FLEX? In that case, those characters are not getting from N1MM to FLdigi.”

I have no knowledge when it comes to the flex and how it works. But if you have Fldigi loaded in N1MM When for example you press an F-Key the {TX} in the text string tell Fldigi to start transmit. It then sends the string of text to Fldigi and the {RX} in text string tells Fldigi to go back to RX when you finish sending the text in the buffer. In most cases when the radio is controlled by N1MM at the same time Fldigi is told to go to transmit or receive the same signal is sent to the radio to turn PTT off and on. For those that have a hardware PTT configured in Fldigi  the signals to Fldigi will control the PTT on and off using that port. All of the audio output is done in Fldigi using the soundcard you have configured in Fldigi.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of John Morris
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 6:22 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] Cannot get N1MM, FLdigi and my FLEX running PowerSDR to sing together for Digital

I cannot find where anyone has actually gotten all three of the above to work. I can get Flex and N1MM to work and Flex and FLdigi to work but not all three.
The problem is not the keying, which it does fine when all three are used. It's that i get no audio into the transmitter.
I can "break into" FLdigi and xmit a phrase for instance which the FLEX transmits just fine. But nothing from within N1MM.+.

I considered that the Virtual audio cables might be at fault but the fact I'm seeing digital signals on the waterfall, that would seem to indicate those are working.

What is N1MM actually doing. Is it sending characters to FLdigi which then sends that to the FLEX? In that case, those characters are not getting from N1MM to FLdigi. What setting would dictate that?

I appreciate any help.

John / K7RLD

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.