Re: N1MM/MMTTY with TS590SG and Winkeyer3 for RTTY

Rick Ellison

What mode does the TS590SG need to be in for FSK RTTY??

73 Rick

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Danny Bush
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2020 5:19 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] N1MM/MMTTY with TS590SG and Winkeyer3 for RTTY

Rick,

Thanks for replying...

I am trying to set it up as you explained: I want to use N1MM as the Control Software (and Radio Control) utilizing the Winkey to transmit FSK RTTY through my 590SG, with MMTTY being the Receiver. I just cannot get it to all work together. I feel like I am missing a setting somewhere...

Danny NF4J

Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 3:36 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] N1MM/MMTTY with TS590SG and Winkeyer3 for RTTY

Danny..

Are you trying to get the Winkey to work thru MMTTY or are you trying to use the Winkey device thru N1MM and trying to use MMTTY as the receiver. The Winkey is a supported device and has its own settings built into N1MM. When using the Winkey this way You use MMTTY or any of the other engines in N1MM as the receiver and Winkey does all of the transmitting.

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Danny Bush
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2020 3:50 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] N1MM/MMTTY with TS590SG and Winkeyer3 for RTTY

Hey All,

Are there any of you of whom have Successfully Interfaced N1MM/MMTTY with a Kenwood TS590SG and the K1EL WKUSB Winkeyer3 for True FSK RTTY?

Before the replies of "what for" start coming in, I do not want this to start a war about AFSK vs FSK... I am simply looking for anyone who has been able to complete the Task described above because I have Not been able to do it and make it work 100%. Here is what I have completed to this point and I have been trying to finalize for 8 months:

I have the 13pin DIN cables from the rigs to the K1EL WKUSB winkeyers - These have the new software for RTTY use. I have used N1MM/MMTTY many times for RTTY contests so the setup as a whole does work very well for AFSK. What I have not been able to do is get all of the N1MM/MMTTY settings to work with the Winkeyer and Rigs correctly for FSK...and by rigs I mean that I have (2) stations setup exactly the same, one is mine and the other is my XYL's. If I use the winkeyer as a stand alone with the rig, it works Great with FSK...the problem starts when I try to add N1MM and MMTTY to the mix.

The biggest issue now is that when I try to transmit, I have ZERO transmit monitor...meaning I cannot hear what my rig is transmitting. Any changes I make either in N1MM or MMTTY result in a high pitch squeal, not exactly feedback, but a squeal. I would Greatly appreciate any input from anyone of whom has been able to get this combination to work. I have been talking with a Guy that has a WKMini winkeyer3 working with his 590SG, but he has a breakout box and other peripherals involved. I have also Spoken with Steve - K1EL, he has suggested using Fldigi, but I really want to use MMTTY... I know it can be done, I just need some help Guys. Anyone??

Danny  NF4J

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.