Re: WAE

Rick Ellison

Was the E7DX in the entry window when you pressed CTRL-Z. The only thing I can think of this happening is if that call was not entered and for some reason the call was not set as the call to look up. It then went with the last logged station you had. Had you already exchanged any QTC with the S53 station previously? If so that would probably account why it only recorded 8 qtc maybe you had already sent 2 to the S53 station..

73 Rick N2AMG

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Pete Smith
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 1:47 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] WAE

I join all the others praising the QTC functionality of N1MM+.  It's very intuitive and from my experience, trouble-free.

I had only one problem, which I report here mainly to see if others experienced the same thing. - I was called by E7DX, who was a dupe, and he asked for QTCs.  As I went to press CTL+Z, I noticed that for some reason the call in the Entry window had changed to an S53 (also a dupe).  In my experience, this happens every 50 QSOs or so when I'm doing Assisted S&P clicking in the Available window, and I usually catch it, but in this case I was on my way to the SQTC window, and as a result, when I sent the QTC header, the QTC function identified the S5 as my recipient, not E7DX. I've noticed that sometimes, not often, in ordinary Assisted S&P, the callsign of the other station gets changed to another one while I'm waiting to see if I've been answered.

I suppose I probably should have canceled and corrected the call before hitting Ctl+Z again, but I didn't.  Instead, I sent the 10 QTCs and saw them appear in my log with the S5 as recipient.  After the QTC session was complete, I went back and corrected the callsign for each of the SQTCs, but for some reason I only found 8.  The story has a happy ending, though - I checked the Cabrillo and it has all 10. I have no idea why, but I'll take it!

--
73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network

Avast logo