Re: Networking problem

Larry K8UT

Gordon,

See my reply in this thread to KG5VK. Do I understand your architecture correctly?

Had this configuration been running previously? What remote software are you using? Which VPN client? Are you manually adding the Name and IP Address of your site into the >Network Status >Actions >Edit Computer Addresses table?

If this configuration had not been used previously, or not since updating Windows 10, check the Windows Firewall settings to ensure that you have allowed N1MM+ through the Public firewall. Details on how to do that are in the VPN document here:
https://n1mmwp.hamdocs.com/mmfiles/distributed-multi-op-contesting-using-n1mm-with-a-hamachi-vpn_v1-pdf/

-larry (K8UT)

Finally - the new auto-configure routines added since version 1.0.8317 may have busted your specific software combination. If you are still stuck could you experiment by reverting to 1.0.8317 to see if that connects to your remote site?

-larry (K8UT)

------ Original Message ------
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Sent: 2020-04-30 18:19:09
Subject: [N1MM+] Networking problem

I'm trying to get multiop contesting setup using my remote site. I have a VPN server running at the site, and we can all VPN in with no problem.

We can ping the server system from our home computers (all Win10) when the vpn link is active. N1MM++ does not see the server site from each home site.

What else should be checked? VNC works fine (with the VPN active)

Gordon - N1MGO

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.