Re: 7QP

Ted Bryant

Rory,

Are you looking at the pulldown that says:  “State for Log Type QSO PARTY”?  It’s there.

73, Ted W4NZ

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rory Sena
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 6:58 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] 7QP

So what does one do when IN7QPNE doesn't show up in the pulldown, I'm in the 6th call area?

Rory-N6OIL

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 2:42 PM bmanning <bmanning@...> wrote:

I think it's great to have the program designed to allow us to operate this way. N1MM+ continues to impress me.

Bruce NJ3K 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------

Date: 4/30/20 16:44 (GMT-05:00)

Subject: Re: [N1MM+] 7QP

Rich,

Please refer to VE3KI's April 28 message about this very thing:
<https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/message/50166?p=,,,20,0,0,0::Created,,7qp,20,2,0,73328360>

" ...the 7QP selection is only for "in-state" participants, i.e. persons operating from within the original 7th call area. Likewise, the IN selection is only for persons operating from within Indiana, the NEWE selection is only for persons operating from within the New England states, and the DE selection is only for persons operating from within Delaware. Persons operating from anywhere else should use the IN7QPNE selection.

The program determines whether you are "in-state" or "out-of-state" for each of these contests from your ARRL section.

If you only want to enter one of the contests, submit your Cabrillo file to only that one contest.

Rich VE3KI"

73, Ted W4NZ

-----Original Message-----
From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rich Seifert
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 3:19 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: [N1MM+] 7QP

Trying to set up my station for the 7QP this weekend. Everything loads just fine:

I select “New Log”, select “QSO Party” and “7QP” from the pulldown. All of my function keys from previous years are there are correct (CW, SSB, and RTTY), and it even downloaded the latest Call History. So far, so good.

Until I try to log a (valid) contact! I get an error message “Invalid contest. Select either IN7QPNE or change your ARRL section.”

Now, I understand that the IN7QPNE log will accept QSOs for all three contest this weekend, but I really only plan to operate in the 7QP. Is this no longer an option? Why is there still a “7QP” selection in the pull-down menu?

Rich KE1B/K6MMM

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.