Re: band button in entry window, fixed

Jamie WW3S

No Jerry doesn’t think it’s serious...he took the time to give detailed messages so the developers may see what’s going on...he hesitated even posting here, for fear of a reply just like you gave him....it’s been going on for a while now, it was reported by another individual last year....and one of the developers did reply that he sees something odd when closing the program with the band map open....I saw the similar problem as Jerry, in my case it was 80m, always going to 3.983....I “fixed” mine by typing 3.580 in the entry window , and after that, it always went to 3.580....I’m the one that started this thread, with fixed in the title.... if you don’t have anything nice to say, maybe don’t say it at all....and if the “plethora of messages” annoys you, just delete and move on. I’m aware of several users with issues that they refuse to ask about, because they feel they get shamed by a certain few.....btw, I’m annoyed by the plethora of your 2 keyboard messages, but I just delete them....

On Mar 31, 2020, at 1:35 PM, VE9AA - Mike <ve9aa@...> wrote:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but it would appear you think this is a very serious issue. (because of the plethora of detailed messages)
(until they get it fixed--if it's broken), couldn't you just hit the band button on the front panel
of your radio
or
type the frequency into the log entry window (where a callsign normally goes)
(or even click on a spot if you're assisted, in the avail mults/q's window)

In >150,000 Q's the past 10 yrs I've used the band buttons a few dozen times and it doesn't seem to slow me down any.

I am not making light of the issue, just offering that there are at least 3 other ways to make your logger go to a certain freq.

GL with your issue.

With respect,

Mike VE9AA
--