Re: SO2R SSB 2 KB w Flex - How done?

VE9AA - Mike

Kari,

I do what Any/KU7T does to switch my paddles, but there is no 1-button press for the mic....that I know of.

I don't do very much SSB these days, and only *just* started using 2 Keyboards, but I believe only either CTRL_(left/right) Arrow
key will switch focus (without transmitting) as you know.

The other things are function keys.  ie: Enter(ESM), F1, F2 etc.

I believe you are perhaps looking for a way to transmit using your real voice and to get one radio or the other queued up and "ready" to transmit something you need to speak.

That's a tough one.

Too bad there wasn't a "magic" button on the keyboard that says "take focus and get ready to transmit here!"...that's what you (and I) need I think.

I use a footswitch, but that doesn't make it any easier.

GL - I'll be watching this thread.

Mike VE9AA

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 12:03 PM, Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP wrote:
Just curious how you accomplish switching of TX focus w two keyboards? Ctrl+right/left arrow works but tiresome after 20 hours of operation.
Anyone using double FS + PTTs with USB/RS-232 adapter?
73s and stay healthy....

--
Mike VE9AA