Re: VOX over USB audio?

N2WQ

I am jealous ☹️  That said, couldn’t be happier with ICOM.

Rudy N2WQ

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 05:28 AM, Kevan Nason wrote:

Gerald, VE1DT wrote:
>I am not aware of anyone developing an inline "VOX" from a USB data stream.<

Doesn't do the original poster any good, but thought I'd mention both TS590 models have a menu item for "VOX operation with data input". "Data" input for a 590 includes an audio stream being sent from a computer to the radio over the USB line. They also have a VOX gain for USB which is separate from the mic VOX settings. I have used it for audio to the rig from N1MM. Works fine. I'd guess newer Kenwood models include something similar.

Kevan N4XL