Re: VOX over USB audio?

N2WQ

Thanks, John. I was looking at the Configurer to learn more about the foot switch integration, but must admit didn’t read the manual.  Good reminder to do so.

Looking at the Configurer, I think I stumbled upon another issue- does pin 6 exist in virtual serial ports or I must use a true serial port interface? That is, if I only have a USB port, can pin 6 be set via software just like DTR/RTS?

Rudy N2WQ

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 12:57 PM, John Bednar wrote:

Rudy,

We have used multiple stations on one band with VOX and radio codecs.

The foot switch selector contains a First One Wins selection. Cross wire the PTT from the other station to the foot switch input of the other station. No foot switch. The manual contains additional details.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of N2WQ via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2020 3:31 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] VOX over USB audio?

I started writing my own  it is crazy to have a digital radio and then add analog boxes to do what can be done in software.

Besides, VOX outside of the logger prevents the logger from knowing that one of the radios is transmitting and the interlocks won’t work.

Rudy N2WQ

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 08:14 AM, Gerald Boutin (VE1DT) wrote:

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 10:01 AM, N2WQ wrote:

Unfortunately it does not. I have a few 7610s and 7300s.

Rudy N2WQ

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 07:50 PM, Gerald Boutin (VE1DT) wrote:

Rudy,

I don't have any of the new Icom radios, but I assume the radio VOX already does this with sound from the internal codec

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Rudy,

I am not aware of anyone developing an inline "VOX" from a USB data stream. There is a thread from a while back on how to key the radio for wav files.

https://groups.io/g/N1MMLoggerPlus/message/35899

If you are looking for  a way to use a microphone connected to the computer and key the radio from your voice, you could use an audio based VOX circuit on your microphone output. Google gets many hit on "audio VOX circuit".

Here's an example ...

http://www.rason.org/Projects/basicvox/basicvox.htm

--
Gerald, VE1DT

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.