Re: IC-7100 Filter change in RTTY

John Bednar

Greg,

It does matter that you are using AFSK-R and not RTTY. The Icom filter selection requires that the mode is sent to the radio. The radio firmware does not include a separate command for filter selection.

For USB-D mode, a second command needs to be sent to the radio to enable data option.

You can change the command that is sent to the radio by right clicking in the Bandmap and selecting Set Transceiver Filter Codes.

Here are the two strings that will set filter 1 and filter 2 in the radio. The byte that sets the filter is highlighted.

FE FE 88 E0 06 01 01 FD  FE FE 88 E0 1A 06 01 FD

FE FE 88 E0 06 01 02 FD  FE FE 88 E0 1A 06 01 FD

John, K3CT