Re: Configuring Com Port for IC7300

ve3ki

Plugging the USB cable from the radio into the computer added a new sound card to the computer. When that happens, Windows "helpfully" designates the new sound card as the Windows default. That means the normal output from your computer (YouTube, Windows sounds, whatever) was now being directed to the USB codec in your radio. You do not want that, so you need to go into the Windows Sound Settings and re-designate the motherboard sound card to be the Windows default.

In the Configurer, if you click on the down arrow beside the first Port number, do you see any COM port numbers, or just "None" as the only entry in the list? If you see two COM port numbers, they may well be the two port numbers assigned by Windows to the radio, one for CAT control and one for PTT/CW/FSK keying. You can tell for sure by looking in Device Manager. If they are not in Device Manager, something went wrong with the driver install.

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 05:28 PM, Don Prince wrote:
Hello all,

I'm a new n1mm user trying to configure it to communicate with an IC 7300 via a USB cable.  So far no luck.
I have reloaded n1mm twice and downloaded the ic7300 driver rev. 1.20 three times.
Still no Com Port is present in the configurer, and both radio sources #1 & #2 are greyed out.
Also, I lose audio on my PC whenever the USB cable from the radio is connected, making it very difficult to try to follow all youtube help videos.
Would greatly appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks,
Don  W8DRP