Re: Help on connecting RC-28, IC-7300 and N1MM Software #IC7300

Jamie WW3S

And as a long time user of MM, I just learned that trick while operating remotely during the recent rtty contest. Hover the cursor over the entry window and tune with the mouse wheel, slicker than snot...

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone

On Feb 10, 2020 7:21 AM, "Tom Wagner (N1MM)" <n1mmtomwagner@...> wrote:

We do not support the RC-28.  That encoder, unlike most radio
accessories attaches to the computer, not the radio.

We support tuning of the radio with the computer mouse wheel.  Control
keys on the keyboard can be used to alter the steps that each mouse
movement tunes. This tuning varies by mode and by run/S&P status.

  * *Up Arrow*– Tune radio down 100 Hz on SSB, 20 Hz on CW (adjustable
    in the configurer).
      o *FT-1000MP, FT-890, FT-920, FT-990 and FT-1000 and all many
        other radios*
          + *In S&P*– pressing the up/down arrows will turn off RIT and
            tune your main VFO.
          + *In Running mode*– it will turn on your RIT and tune the RIT.
  * *Down Arrow*– Tune radio up 100 Hz on SSB, 20 Hz on CW (adjustable).
      o See Up Arrow information above
  * *Mousewheel*– With the mouse in the Entry Window, QSY the radio
    using the same increment as the Up/Down arrow keys
      o *Alt+Mousewheel*– With the mouse in the Entry Window, QSY in
        increments of 1 kHz
      o *Ctrl+Mousewheel*– With the mouse in the Entry Window, QSY in
        increments of 10 kHz

73,

Tom - N1MM

On 2/10/2020 6:57 AM, John Bednar via Groups.Io wrote:

Jerry,

There is no dedicated code in our program for the RC-28 encoder. If
the encoder changes the radio frequency or mode, our software will
track the changes. Beyond this, what functionality are you expecting?

John, K3CT