Re: Help on connecting RC-28, IC-7300 and N1MM Software #IC7300

ART W2NRA

Actually it does attach to the the radio, but only to the IC-7610. All other setups attach to the computer and work only with the RSBA1 software.

73, art w2nra

On Feb 10, 2020, at 7:21 AM, Tom Wagner (N1MM) <n1mmtomwagner@...> wrote:

We do not support the RC-28. That encoder, unlike most radio accessories attaches to the computer, not the radio.

We support tuning of the radio with the computer mouse wheel. Control keys on the keyboard can be used to alter the steps that each mouse movement tunes. This tuning varies by mode and by run/S&P status.

* *Up Arrow*– Tune radio down 100 Hz on SSB, 20 Hz on CW (adjustable
in the configurer).
o *FT-1000MP, FT-890, FT-920, FT-990 and FT-1000 and all many
other radios*
+ *In S&P*– pressing the up/down arrows will turn off RIT and
tune your main VFO.
+ *In Running mode*– it will turn on your RIT and tune the RIT.
* *Down Arrow*– Tune radio up 100 Hz on SSB, 20 Hz on CW (adjustable).
o See Up Arrow information above
* *Mousewheel*– With the mouse in the Entry Window, QSY the radio
using the same increment as the Up/Down arrow keys
o *Alt+Mousewheel*– With the mouse in the Entry Window, QSY in
increments of 1 kHz
o *Ctrl+Mousewheel*– With the mouse in the Entry Window, QSY in
increments of 10 kHz

73,

Tom - N1MM

On 2/10/2020 6:57 AM, John Bednar via Groups.Io wrote:

Jerry,

There is no dedicated code in our program for the RC-28 encoder. If the encoder changes the radio frequency or mode, our software will track the changes. Beyond this, what functionality are you expecting?

John, K3CT