Re: N1MM+ crashes when ESM mode is active and *.wav files are to be played

Joe WB9SBD

Any error box popups? and or whats the error log look like?

Joe WB9SBD

On 2/10/2020 6:53 AM, John Bednar via Groups.Io wrote:

Leo,

An error in concatenating files will not be intermittent. If the formats are not identical, it will fail all the time.

Make sure that the files used in the function keys are contained in the Letters Path and Wav\Operator path.

What you are seeing may have nothing to do with the audio player. Maybe you are getting RF into the computer.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lyubomir Slavov, OR2F
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 7:27 AM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] N1MM+ crashes when ESM mode is active and *.wav files are to be played

John,

Unfortunately yes ... not that often but let say after 15-20 min of RUN-simulation (60-100 Qs).

Today, I don't have any crash since I do the test with unchecked concatenating option ... already couple of hours:

image.png

Leo / OR2F

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 at 13:01, John Bednar via Groups.Io <k3ct=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Leo,

Do you still have an issue when logging a station? If so, does the problem dissappear when you uncheck “Concatenate all Wav files”?

If you are playing a file in these two directories, there shouldn’t be an issue with the concatenating audio player.

John, K3CT

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io [mailto:N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lyubomir Slavov, OR2F
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2020 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] N1MM+ crashes when ESM mode is active and *.wav files are to be played

Thanks John,

now is much clear ...

image.png

Leo / OR2F

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 at 15:45, John Bednar via Groups.Io <k3ct=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Leo,

You do not need to set any option in these windows.

Logger+ Audio has an option to concatenate the wav files. See the yellow circle below. This is the concatenating audio player. Now that you are aware of this, re-read my first email.

John, K3CT

Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2020 9:06 AM

John,

I don't use any concatenating tool, all is done by the 'Logger+ Audio'.

Simply the internal sound card of the laptop and its advanced settings. Are these options correct active ?

image.png

No any issues to complete the voice messages (ex. missing letter files, path not found, etc.), just crashes when ESM is active and works fine when it's not.

Leo / OR2F

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 at 13:23, John Bednar via Groups.Io <k3ct=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Leo,

If you are using the concatenating audio player, uncheck the option. Does the error disappear?

Then check the option. The code scans your wav files to insure they can be played as one wav. If there are any issues they will be displayed in the window. You will need to correct this recording compatibility issues before using the concatenating audio player.

If this isn’t the problem, send the text of your function key with the issue.

John, K3CT

Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2020 7:14 AM
Subject: [N1MM+] N1MM+ crashes when ESM mode is active and *.wav files are to be played

Hi All,

I've been trying to use a voice robot in RUN mode. ESM function is active, all paths/files are OK. Unfortunately after one, two or max three inputs (complete Qs) I hear a crack in my audio monitor and then this message appears :

image.png

When ESM mode is OFF and I do all the voice sequence manually F5+F2+F3+Enter ... or 'INS'+F3+Enter, all works fine for unlimited time period.

To play each individual call sign couple of *.wav files are to be played (Use Logger+ Audio):

- 1 file for the prefix;

- 1 file for the first two letters suffix;

- 1 file for the third suffix letter if exist;

- the 'report' and 'thanks' files are also separate, all with the necessary time out implemented (20 or 80 ms).

Same behavior on both environments Win7 and Win10.

Any idea about this ?

Thanks a lot to the whole developer team about the effort, it's a great help guys ... THANKS !

Leo / OR2F

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.