Re: Help with k3 set up

ve3ki

What exactly do you mean by "I have the radio port set right"? I am going to guess that it means that you have rig control working, i.e. the K3's dial frequency is displayed in the title bar of the Entry window, and if you change bands in the program, the rig changes bands as commanded.

Assuming that this is correct and that basic (frequency and mode) rig control is working, the next question is: Do you have any kind of CW interface between the computer and the rig's CW key jack? if you do, then the instructions you need are the ones for that particular interface and do not depend on the type of radio.

If you do not have a separate CW interface, there is a way to key CW from N1MM+ with a K3 or K3S without a CW interface. First, in the K3's CONFIG menu, set CONFIG:PTT-KEY to OFF-DTR. Then in the N1MM+ Configurer, check the CW/Other check box for your rig control port, click on the Set button and set DTR to CW and RTS to Always Off. You will need to turn VOX on with these settings. If you want PTT control instead of VOX/QSK, set CONFIG:PTT-KEY to RTS-DTR and set RTS to PTT.

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 03:16 PM, Bob Gibson wrote:
I am having a hard time getting n1mm going with my K3 on cw.It works fine with HRD and I can use the keyboard just fine but for some reason I can not get n1mm working.. I have the radio port set right but after that I'm lost..If someone with a K3 could send me there settings that would sure help..

   73s Bob W5RG