locked Re: CQWWCW CW Reader

Michael Walker

There is no question the brain makes an excellent, if not the best Digital Signal Processor.

I am personally amazed what SSB signals my brain can actually copy in very crowded conditions.

Yes, when it comes when it comes to CW, I am not even  just ok.

To be a CW operator in a contest, you have to have some sort of commitment and dedication.   You can't just do it once or twice a year.   For a new ham, same story.  Practiced and dedication, etc.  You have built up a core of excellent CW listening skills.  For those of you that are true high-speed ops, I am in awe.

So, don't go so hard on those hams where 'sound reading' is not a natural talent.   I could just as easily say that all you CW ops could be writing better Ham Radio Software.  After all, it is just another skillset.

Personally, I know (at 61) that if I was to spend 10 minutes a day doing something like MorseRunner, etc., my speed would start to improve hugely.

Mike va3mw

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 1:05 PM Ed W2LCQ via Groups.Io <w2lcq=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Well said Roger. Thanks,

Ed