Re: Multiplier-search/Third computer on M/2 network?

Rick Tavan

OK, thanks Chris. No, won’t be working stations from the third listen-only position. Now I understand that I can have two “RunN” computers.

/Rick

--
Rick Tavan

On Nov 20, 2019, at 4:01 PM, Chris Plumblee <chris.plumblee@...> wrote:

The third computer can be either Run1 or Run2. The associated transmitter (if you intend to transmit with it) should be interlocked to prevent two signals from Run1 or Run2 being on the air at once.

If it's just a hot standby it's not critical which you choose as that computer will not be adding QSOs to the log.

You can switch Run1/Run2 for a given computer with a keyboard command that eludes me at the moment.

73,
Chris W4WF

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 1:52 PM Rick Tavan <rtavan@...> wrote:
Is there a way to have a third computer online when operating M/2, both for multiplier searching and as a hot standby? Trying this, MM insists that the third computer be either Run1 or Run2. There are already Run1 and Run2 computers on the network. What do I tell the third computer?

thanks,

/Rick N6XI

Rick Tavan
Truckee and Saratoga, CA