Re: TX focus switching problems with Flex 6600M

Andy (KU7T)

Unlikely. You can run a ping to your radio and it's likely 1ms or less. If its much longer your network is having issues.

You could try to reduce the 200ms a little but still keep it stable.

Remember, N1MM+ treats the 6600M like two generic CAT radios.  It seems to need more time to switch...

Andy
KU7T

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

From: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io> on behalf of Grant Kesselring <kesselg75@...>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2019 10:27:51 PM
To: N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io <N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N1MM+] TX focus switching problems with Flex 6600M

After operating for the entire Sweepstakes SSB contest this weekend, I only saw the "attempt to change TX antenna while transmitting" maybe one or two times.  However, I did have Radio Swap Transmit Lead/Tail times set at 200ms.  I purposefully set these delay time longer to prevent any problems.  However, there were times during operation where I noticed this radio swap delay, and would have preferred it to be shorter.

In my setup, I have the Flex6600M cabled to the PC running N1MM+ through a Netgear Nighthawk X6 router.  My question is: would it be better from a radio swapping latency perspective if the FlexRadio was connected directly to the PC running the software (ie, remove the router)?  The router itself is just a few months old so I have no reason to suspect problems with it.  However, it seems like a piece of hardware that could potentially be causing latency in the system.  Has anyone ever experimented?

Join N1MMLoggerPlus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.