FunctionKeyMessages F2

Fred KG9X

I have noticed when testing my FunctionKeyMessages for the upcoming CW SS that when I send my Run F2 message as follows: F2 Exch, # B <<*>> 62 IL  it does not send the station I am working call first before the message.  But, when I use ESM to answer the call it DOES send the stations call first.  If I add a "!" before the # in the F2 message that fixes just sending the F2 key but then ESM will send the call twice.   I use ESM method almost all of the time when operating but any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

TNX es 73,  Fred  KG9X