Re: Airspy HF+/Spectrum Display/Receive Antenna

Joe Subich, W4TV

That suggests that I either have to choose one or the other or
cascade splitters and accept the 6+ dB of loss. Am I missing something?
1) A 2 port splitter is 3 dB not six.

2) there should be no need to cascade spliters:

ANT OUT --> Splitter --> RX ANT Switch -> ANT IN
| |
| +--< RX ANT 1
HF+ Ant In <----+ +--< RX ANT ..
+--< RX ANT N

Note: the spectrum display is always connected to the TX antenna.
RX Antenna switch can be 2 ... n position with position 1 being
the transmit antenna, positions 2-n representing the number of
physical antenna inputs (loop, K9AY, Beverage, BSEF, etc.).

More complex switching can be utilized to provide separate antenna
feeds to the K3 RX ANT IN (Main RX) an AUX jack (Sub RX) for
diversity with separate RX Antennas if one has a K3/K3S with
second receiver.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2019-10-25 10:59 AM, Pete Smith wrote:
I would like to be able to use a receiving antenna on my K3 while also using the spectrum display of N1MM+.  I assume from the manual's discussion of using the HF+ that it *must* be used on the Ant Out/Ant In loop of my K3.  That suggests that I either have to choose one or the other or cascade splitters and accept the 6+ dB of loss.  Am I missing something?
--
73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network